The Los Angeles Lakers (0-1) are 6-point favorites on Christmas Day when they host the Dallas Mavericks (0-0), tipping at 8:00 PM at Staples Center ET on ABC. The matchup has an over/under of 229.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 24, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Lakers vs Mavericks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 24
Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee)
Lakers and Mavericks Records ATS
- Los Angeles played to a 47-43-2 record against the spread last season.
- The Lakers were 24-27-2 against the spread last season when they were at least a 6-point favorite.
- In 47.8% of its games last season (44/92), Los Angeles and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Dallas typically came up short ATS last season, with a 38-39-3 record.
- The Mavericks were at least a 6-point underdog 26th times last season, where they had a record of 10-14-1 against the spread.
- 49 of Dallas’ 80 games (61.2%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Lakers defeated the Mavericks 129-114 in the last meeting between the teams on Friday. LeBron James scored 35 points to lead the Lakers, and Luka Doncic scored 25 points for the Mavericks. The Lakers covered the spread as 2.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 243 total points to go over the 222.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-2.5||222.5||-133||111||Regular Season||129-114 LAL*|
|12/29/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-5||224.5||-210||172||Regular Season||108-95 LAL|
|12/1/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-7||222.5||-278||223||Regular Season||114-100 DAL*|
|11/1/2019||Mavericks||Mavericks||-1||218.5||-109||-110||Regular Season||119-110 LAL|
|1/7/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-97 LAL|
|11/30/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-103 LAL|
|10/31/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-113 LAL|
|3/28/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-93 LAL|
|2/23/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-102 LAL|
|2/10/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-123 DAL|
- 1/10/2020 DNP – Lakers: Anthony Davis;
Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis
- 12/1/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley
- Los Angeles’ games last season resulted in a higher total score than Friday’s matchup total (229.5 points) in 27 out of 92 opportunities (29.3% of matchups).
- 38 Dallas games last year (46.9% of its matchups) finished with a final total greater than Friday’s total of 229.5 points.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games last season was 8.9 points fewer than the over/under of 229.5 points in this contest.
- Mavericks’ games have a total points bet of 230.2 points last season, 0.7 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the Lakers last season was 114.3 points, 3.7 fewer points than their implied total of 118 points in Friday’s game.
- Last season, Los Angeles outscored its implied point total for this matchup (118) 36 times.
- The Mavericks’ average implied point total last season (115.7 points) is 3.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (112 points).
- Dallas totaled more than 112 points in 48 games last season.
- Last season, the Lakers were at the 11th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.3 PPG), while the Mavericks allowed the 16th-fewest points per game (113.1) in the league.
- The Lakers totaled 555 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), and the Mavericks scored 313 more points than their opponents (3.9 per game).
- Anthony Davis was solid last season with 26.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
- James racked up 10.2 assists per game.
- Davis averaged 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Doncic scored 28.8 points per game last season and recorded 8.8 assists.
- Kristaps Porzingis pulled down 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Willie Cauley-Stein grabbed 1.1 per game. Porzingis averaged 2.0 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from