The Los Angeles Lakers (52-19, 14-4) hit the court as 7.5-point favorites (per DraftKings) against the Miami Heat (44-29, 13-5) on October 6, 2020. The points total for the matchup is 219.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of October 5, 2020, 1:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Heat Betting Odds
Injury Report as of October 5
Lakers: Avery Bradley Jr.: Out (Personal)
Heat: Bam Adebayo: Out (Neck), Goran Dragic: Out (Plantar fascia)
Examining the Over/Under
- The Lakers and their opponents have combined for 219.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 47 of 89 games (52.8%) this season.
- Miami and its opponents have added up to score more than 219.5 points in 54.9% of their matchups this year (50 of 91 opportunities).
- The average total the Lakers have had set in games this year is 1.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Heat games this season is 1.4 more points than the point total of 219.5 in this outing.
- The two teams average a combined 6.1 more points per game (225.6) than this game’s total of 219.5 points.
- The Lakers and the Heat have seen their opponents average a combined 3.0 fewer points per game than the point total of 219.5 set in this matchup.
Head to Head
Los Angeles has a 4-1 record in matchups with Miami this year. In matchups with the Lakers, the Heat have a 3-2 record against the spread.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 10/4/2020 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic, Bam Adebayo
- 10/2/2020 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic, Bam Adebayo
- 12/13/2019 DNP – Lakers: Kyle Kuzma; Heat: Goran Dragic
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in only 48.3% of games (43 out of 89 matchups).
- Los Angeles beat the spread more often than not this season, going 46-41-2 against the spread.
- The Lakers have gone 18-18-1 as 7.5-point favorites.
Heat Betting Information
- Miami has hit the over in 51 of 91 games this season (56%).
- Miami has a winning record against the spread this season, 49-37-3.
- When they’re at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Heat are 5-2 against the spread.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from