The Los Angeles Lakers (52-19, 14-3) take the court as 9.5-point favorites (per DraftKings) against the Miami Heat (44-29, 12-5) on October 4, 2020. The over/under for the matchup is 218.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data as of October 3, 2020, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Heat Betting Odds
Injury Report as of October 3
Lakers: Anthony Davis Jr.: Day To Day (Heel), Danny Green Jr.: Day To Day (Finger), LeBron James Sr.: Day To Day (Groin), Avery Bradley Jr.: Out (Personal)
Heat: Chris Silva: Day To Day (Left pubic bone), Bam Adebayo: Out (Neck), Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Right knee), Goran Dragic: Day To Day (Plantar fascia)
Examining the Over/Under
- The Lakers and their opponents have recorded more than 218.5 points in 54.5% of their outings this season (48 of 88 opportunities).
- Miami has combined with its opponents to score at least 218.5 points in 51 of 90 outings (56.7%) this season.
- The Lakers’ average point total in matchups this season is 221.1, 2.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Heat this year is 2.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Lakers and the Heat combine to average 7.1 more points per game than the total of 218.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 216.4 points per game, 2.1 less than the point total in this matchup.
Head to Head
Los Angeles leads the season series 4-0 over Miami. Neither team has an advantage against the spread in head-to-head meetings. The Lakers and the Heat have a 2-2 ATS record.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
- 10/2/2020 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic, Bam Adebayo
- 12/13/2019 DNP – Lakers: Kyle Kuzma; Heat: Goran Dragic
Lakers Betting Information
- Los Angeles holds a solid record against the spread this season, going 46-40-2 ATS.
- The Lakers have not fared well as a 9.5-point favorite, going 12-14-1 against the spread when favored by 9.5 points.
- Los Angeles has gone over the points total less than half of the time, in 43 of 88 games (48.9%).
Heat Betting Information
- Miami hit the over in 56.7% of its games (51 of 90 games).
- Against the spread this season, Miami has a winning record: 48-37-3.
- When the Heat are at least 9.5-point underdogs, they are 2-1 against the spread.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from