The Los Angeles Lakers (5-2) visit the Memphis Grizzlies (2-4) after winning three home road in a row. The Lakers are favored by points in the contest, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 5, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Lakers vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 5
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Alex Caruso: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
John Konchar: Out (Ankle),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hamstring)
Lakers and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Los Angeles has a 4-3 record ATS this year.
- The Lakers are 2-0 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 9-point favorite.
- Only 2 of 7 Los Angeles games this season (28.6%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 2-4 record ATS, Memphis has not always covered the spread this season.
- Memphis and its opponents have regularly not covered the over/under this season, only hitting the over in 33.3% (2) of their six games played.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Sunday, the Lakers defeated the Grizzlies 108-94. LeBron James led the Lakers with 22 points, and Kyle Anderson paced the Grizzlies with 18. The Lakers covered the spread as 10-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 202 total points to fall short of the 220.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/3/2021||Lakers||Grizzlies||-10||220.5||-522||386||Regular Season||108-94 LAL|
|2/29/2020||Lakers||Grizzlies||-11||228.5||-664||483||Regular Season||105-88 MEM*|
|2/21/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-10.5||234||-575||435||Regular Season||117-105 LAL|
|11/23/2019||Lakers||Grizzlies||-7.5||225.5||-330||267||Regular Season||109-108 LAL*|
|10/29/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-11.5||215.5||-795||563||Regular Season||120-91 LAL*|
|2/25/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-105 MEM|
|12/23/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 MEM|
|12/8/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-88 LAL|
|3/24/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 LAL|
|1/15/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 MEM|
- 2/29/2020 DNP – Grizzlies: Jaren Jackson Jr., Brandon Clarke
- 11/23/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley
- 10/29/2019 DNP – Lakers: Kyle Kuzma
- Los Angeles’ games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Tuesday’s matchup total (218 points) in 51 out of seven opportunities (728.6% of matchups).
- In Memphis’ games this season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Tuesday’s matchup over/under in four out of six matchups (66.7%).
- On average, the Lakers have seen a 222.9 over/under in their games this season, 4.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Grizzlies’ games have a total points bet of 224.5 points this season, 6.5 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 3.1 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (117.1 implied points on average compared to 114 implied points in this game).
- This season, Los Angeles has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (114) 49 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Grizzlies (115.5) is 10.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (105).
- This season, Memphis has scored more than this game’s implied total of 105 points five times.
- The Lakers are the league’s fifth-highest scoring team (117 PPG), while the Grizzlies allow the 20th-fewest points per game (115.2) in NBA action.
- The Lakers have totaled 78 more points than their opponents this season (11.1 per game on average), while the Grizzlies have been out-scored by 35 total points (5.9 per game average differential).
- James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He scores 23.6 points per game while tacking on 7.4 assists.
- James’ points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 0.1 points less than his season average of 23.6.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who averages 8.8 per game.
- Davis’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 35.5, 1.5 greater than his season average of 34.0.
- James knocks down 2.4 threes per game to lead the Lakers.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Davis leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Marc Gasol collects 1.1 blocks a contest to pace Los Angeles.
- Gasol’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Grizzlies leader in scoring is Dillon Brooks with 17.5 points per game. He also adds 4.3 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Brooks’ points prop total for the contest is set at 18.5, 1.0 point greater than his season average of 17.5.
- Jonas Valanciunas (11.7 rebounds per game) and Tyus Jones (4.2 assists per game) are the Memphis leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Valanciunas’ rebounding prop total for the game is set at 13.5 boards, 1.8 rebounds greater than his season average of 11.7.
- Desmond Bane makes more threes per game than any other member of the Grizzlies, cashing in 2.3 treys per game.
- Bane’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 2.3.
- Nobody on Memphis grabs more steals than Brooks (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Gorgui Dieng (0.8 per game).
- Dieng’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from