Anthony Davis leads the Los Angeles Lakers (4-2) into a matchup with the Memphis Grizzlies (2-3) after putting up 34 points in a 109-103 win over the Spurs. The Grizzlies are underdogs in the game on Sunday, January 3, 2021, which starts at 6:00 PM ET on FS-SE.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 3, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Lakers vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 3
LeBron James: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Alex Caruso: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Xavier Tillman: Day To Day (Patellar Tendinitis),
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Grayson Allen: Day To Day (Ankle),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hamstring)
Lakers and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Los Angeles has covered the spread as often as they haven’t this season, sporting a 3-3 ATS record.
- When favored by at least 9 points, the Lakers are 1-0 against the spread this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 2 of 6 games this season (33.3%).
- Memphis holds a losing record ATS this season with two wins and three losses ATS.
- Memphis and its opponents have regularly not covered the over/under this season, only reaching the over in 40% (2) of their five games played.
Head to Head
Ja Morant (27 points) led the Grizzlies over LeBron James (19 points) and the Lakers 105-88 in their last matchup on Saturday. The Lakers were favored by 11 points in the game, but the Grizzlies covered the spread. The 193 total points in the matchup fell short of the 228.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Lakers||Grizzlies||-11||228.5||-664||483||Regular Season||105-88 MEM*|
|2/21/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-10.5||234||-575||435||Regular Season||117-105 LAL|
|11/23/2019||Lakers||Grizzlies||-7.5||225.5||-330||267||Regular Season||109-108 LAL*|
|10/29/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-11.5||215.5||-795||563||Regular Season||120-91 LAL*|
|2/25/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-105 MEM|
|12/23/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 MEM|
|12/8/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-88 LAL|
|3/24/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 LAL|
|1/15/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-114 MEM|
|12/27/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-99 MEM|
- 2/29/2020 DNP – Grizzlies: Jaren Jackson Jr., Brandon Clarke
- 11/23/2019 DNP – Lakers: Avery Bradley
- 10/29/2019 DNP – Lakers: Kyle Kuzma
- The Lakers are the NBA’s third-highest scoring team (118.5 PPG), while the Grizzlies allow their opponents the 25th-fewest points per game (116.6) in the league.
- The Lakers have put up a total of 64 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.7 per game), while the Grizzlies have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 21 total points, -4.2 per game).
- James leads the Lakers in scoring (23.8 points per game) and assisting (7.3 assists per game).
- James’ points prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.3 points lower than his season average of 23.8.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Davis’ 8.8 per game.
- Davis’ rebounding prop total for the game is set at 8.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.8.
- The Lakers are led by James from long distance. He makes 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 2.3.
- James leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Marc Gasol collects 1.3 blocks a game to pace Los Angeles.
- Gasol’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.8 blocks lower than his season average of 1.3.
- Dillon Brooks owns the Grizzlies top spot in scoring with 19.2 points per game and also tacks on 4.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per contest.
- Brooks’ points prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 0.3 points greater than his season average of 19.2.
- When it comes to Memphis leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Jonas Valanciunas with 12.0 rebounds per game and Tyus Jones with 4.4 assists per game.
- Valanciunas’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 33.5, 4.3 greater than his season average of 29.2.
- Brooks leads the Grizzlies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Brooks’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Nobody on Memphis grabs more steals than Brooks (2.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Gorgui Dieng (1.0 per game).
- Brooks’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals less than his season average of 2.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from