Pacific Division foes square off when the Los Angeles Lakers (0-0) host the Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) at Staples Center, tipping off at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 22, 2020. The Clippers are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Clippers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Lakers and Clippers Records ATS
- The Lakers covered the spread more often than not last season, compiling a record ATS of 47-43-2.
- The Lakers were 37-38-2 against the spread last season when they were at least a 2.5-point favorite.
- The Lakers and their opponents went over the set total in only 44 of 92 games last season (47.8%).
- With a 47-38 record ATS last season, the Clippers topped expectations ATS last season.
- As at least a 2.5-point underdog last season, the Clippers tended to outperformed with a 36-31 record against the spread.
- The Clippers and their opponents regularly failed to cover the total points bet last season, doing so in 44.7% (38) of their 85 games played.
Head to Head
The Lakers got a team-high 34 points out of Anthony Davis on the way to a 103-101 victory over Paul George (30 points) and the Clippers in their most recent matchup on Thursday. The Lakers were 3-point favorites in the game, but the Clippers covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 204 total points to go over the 182-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|7/30/2020||Lakers||Lakers||-3||182||-156||129||Regular Season||103-101 LAL*|
|3/8/2020||Clippers||Clippers||-2.5||226.5||-138||116||Regular Season||112-103 LAL|
|12/25/2019||Lakers||Lakers||-2||223.5||-129||109||Regular Season||111-106 LAC|
|10/22/2019||Lakers||Clippers||-3.5||223.5||-166||141||Regular Season||112-102 LAC*|
|4/5/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-117 LAL|
|3/4/2019||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-105 LAC|
|1/31/2019||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-120 LAL|
|12/28/2018||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 LAC|
|4/11/2018||–||Clippers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-100 LAL|
|12/29/2017||–||Lakers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-106 LAC|
- 7/30/2020 DNP – Clippers: Lou Williams, Montrezl Harrell
- 10/22/2019 DNP – Lakers: Kyle Kuzma; Clippers: Paul George
- Lakers games last season went over the point total for Tuesday’s matchup over/under (220 points) in 47 out of 92 opportunities (51.1% of matchups).
- In 44 out of 85 Clippers games last year (51.8%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Tuesday’s matchup.
- Last season, the average total for Lakers games was 220.6 points, 0.6 more than the over/under of 220 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.9 points separates the average total points bet in Clippers’ games (225.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (220 points).
- The Lakers had an average implied point total of 114.3 last season, which is 3.3 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (111).
- The Lakers outscored this matchup’s implied point total (111) 57 times last season.
- The Clippers’ average implied point total last season (116.6 points) is 7.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (109 points).
- The Clippers scored more than 109 points 57 times last season.
- Last season, the Lakers were at the 11th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.3 PPG), while the Clippers allowed the 13th-fewest points per game (109.9) in the league.
- The Clippers were the NBA’s fourth-highest scoring squad (116 PPG) a season ago, while the Lakers surrendered the fourth-fewest (107.3 PPG) points per game.
- The Lakers totaled 555 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), and the Clippers scored 519 more points than their opponents (6.1 per game).
- Davis put up 26.1 points per game last season and grabed 9.3 rebounds a contest.
- LeBron James racked up 10.2 assists per game.
- Davis racked up 1.5 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Kawhi Leonard scored 27.1 points per game last season.
- Lou Williams collected 5.6 assists a game and Serge Ibaka pulled down 8.2 rebounds per contest.
- Leonard averaged 1.8 steals per game. Ivica Zubac collected 0.9 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from