Two of the league’s best scorers hit the court when LeBron James (second, 25.5 PPG) and the Los Angeles Lakers (14-6) visit Jaylen Brown (ninth, 27.1 PPG) and the Boston Celtics (10-7) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET on ABC. The Lakers are 2-point favorites. The matchup has an over/under of 218.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 30, 2021, 6:42 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Celtics Betting Odds
Lakers vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 30
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Right Quad),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Payton Pritchard: Out (Knee)
Lakers and Celtics Records ATS
- Los Angeles has a 10-10 ATS record this season.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Lakers are 9-10 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Only 7 of 20 Los Angeles games this season (35%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Boston has regularly covered the spread this season with a record of 9-8.
- The Celtics hold an even 5-5 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 2-point underdog.
- Boston and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 52.9% (9) of its 17 games played.
- Los Angeles’ games this year have gone over the point total for Saturday’s matchup point total (218.5 points) in 55% of opportunities (11 out of 20 matchups).
- In 64.7% of Boston’s games this season (11 of 17), the total points scored was more than Saturday’s 218.5-point over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games is 0.9 points fewer than the over/under of 218.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 4.0 points fewer than the average over/under in Celtics’ games this season (222.5 points).
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 5.6 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (115.6 implied points on average compared to 110 implied points in this game).
- Los Angeles has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 11 times this season.
- The 112.5-point average implied total on the season for the Celtics is 4.5 more points than the team’s 108-point implied total in this matchup.
- Boston has scored more than 108 points in 11 games on the season.
- The Lakers are at the 13th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (112.8 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 10th-fewest points per game (109.9) in the league.
- The Lakers have totaled 161 more points than their opponents this season (eight per game on average), and the Celtics have scored 45 more points than their opponents (2.7 per game).
- James leads the Lakers in scoring (25.5 points per game) and assisting (7.5 assists per game).
- James’ assists prop total for the contest is set at 7.5 assists, equal to his season average of 7.5.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who grabs 8.8 per game.
- Davis’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 8.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.8.
- James is the top three-point shooter for the Lakers, connecting on 2.8 per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Davis grabs 1.4 steals and 1.9 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Davis’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- Brown owns the Celtics top spot in scoring with 27.1 points per game and also tacks on 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per contest.
- Brown’s points prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 5.6 points less than his season average of 27.1.
- When it comes to Boston leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Tristan Thompson with 8.6 rebounds per game and Marcus Smart with 6.0 assists per game.
- Thompson’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 5.0 higher than his season average of 15.5.
- Jayson Tatum is tops from three-point range for the Celtics, hitting 3.2 threes per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Kemba Walker is at the top of Boston’s steals hierarchy with 2.0 steals per game and Robert Williams III leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Williams’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from