LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers (12-4) are 9-point favorites against Zach LaVine and the Chicago Bulls (7-8) Saturday, January 23, 2021 at United Center. The matchup tips off at 9:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The matchup has a point total of 227.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 23, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Bulls Betting Odds
Lakers vs Bulls Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 23
Jared Dudley: Day To Day (Calf),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Knee),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Ankle)
Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (Quad),
Adam Mokoka: Out (Concussion)
Lakers and Bulls Records ATS
- Los Angeles is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 9-7.
- The Lakers have a winning record against the spread when favored by 9 points or more, going 4-2 this season.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 37.5% of its games this season (6/16).
- Chicago has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 11-4.
- 10 of Chicago’s 15 games (66.7%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
The Lakers got a team-high 28 points from James on the way to a 117-115 victory over LaVine (38 points) and the Bulls in their last matchup on January 8, 2021. The Lakers were 8-point favorites in the game, but the Bulls covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 232 total points to go over the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/8/2021||Lakers||Lakers||-8||221.5||-339||271||Regular Season||117-115 LAL*|
Bulls: Lauri Markkanen
- Los Angeles’ games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup total (227 points) in 33 out of 16 opportunities (206.2% of matchups).
- In Chicago’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Saturday’s matchup over/under in 10 out of 15 matchups (66.7%).
- This season the average total for Lakers games is 220.3 points, 6.7 fewer than the over/under of 227 points for this contest.
- Bulls’ games have a total points bet of 237.1 points this season, 10.1 points more than the over/under for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Lakers this season is 116.1 points, 1.9 fewer points than their implied total of 118 points in Saturday’s game.
- Los Angeles has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (118) 36 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulls (117.4) is 8.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- Chicago has scored more than this game’s implied total of 109 points 12 times this season.
- The Lakers are the NBA’s seventh-highest scoring team (115.1 PPG), while the Bulls allow their opponents the 28th-fewest points per game (119.3) in the league.
- The Lakers have scored a total of 159 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.9 per game), while the Bulls have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 23 total points, -1.5 per game).
- James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He contributes 24.4 points per game while adding 7.6 assists.
- James’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 42.5, 2.9 higher than his season average of 39.6.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Anthony Davis’ 9.0 per game.
- Davis’ rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 8.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds less than his season average of 9.0.
- The Lakers are led by James from long distance. He knocks down 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Davis records 1.3 steals and 1.9 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
- LaVine owns the Bulls top spot in scoring with 27.2 points per game and also tacks on 4.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per contest.
- LaVine’s points prop total for the game is set at 24.5, 2.7 points less than his season average of 27.2.
- When it comes to Chicago leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Wendell Carter Jr. with 8.0 rebounds per game and Coby White with 6.1 assists per game.
- White’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 6.6 lower than his season average of 27.1.
- LaVine is tops from three-point range for the Bulls, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- LaVine’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 3.4.
- LaVine is at the top of Chicago’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Daniel Gafford leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- LaVine’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from