The Los Angeles Lakers (27-13) are favored () to extend a three-game win streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (20-19) at 10:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 18 at Staples Center. The matchup airs on NBA TV. The point total is set at for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Hornets Betting Odds
Lakers vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 18
Marc Gasol: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Knee),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Alex Caruso: Out (Concussion),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Lakers and Hornets Records ATS
- Los Angeles has a 20-20 ATS record this season.
- The Lakers are 6-8 against the spread this season when they are at least an 8-point favorite.
- Only 16 of 40 Los Angeles games this season (40%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 20-18.
- Charlotte and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 55.3% (21) of its 38 games played.
- In Los Angeles’ matchups this season, the Lakers and their opponents have exceeded Thursday’s total of 227.5 points nine times (22.5% of opportunities).
- In 20 out of Charlotte’s 39 games this year (51.3%), the competing teams scored more points than the total in Thursday’s matchup.
- This season the average total for Lakers games is 218.6 points, 8.9 fewer than the over/under of 227.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.8 points separates this matchup’s over/under (227.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (225.7 points) this season.
- The Lakers’ average implied point total this season is 3.6 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (114.4 implied points on average compared to 118 implied points in this game).
- Los Angeles has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (118) 11 times.
- The 115.3-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 5.3 more points than the team’s 110-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has totaled more than 110 points in 24 games on the season.
- The Lakers are the league’s 18th-highest scoring team (112.3 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 21st-fewest points per game (113.1) in NBA play.
- The Lakers have totaled 239 more points than their opponents this season (six per game on average), while the Hornets have been out-scored by 22 total points (0.5 per game average differential).
- LeBron James leads the Lakers in points and assists. He puts up 25.5 points per game while also adding 8.0 assists.
- Los Angeles’ rebounding leader is Anthony Davis, who grabs 8.4 per game.
- James hits 2.4 threes per game to lead the Lakers.
- Davis averages 1.4 steals and 1.8 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Los Angeles.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Gordon Hayward with 20.7 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds per game and 4.0 assists per game.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Cody Zeller with 7.3 rebounds per game and LaMelo Ball with 6.2 assists per game.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.4 threes per game.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and Bismack Biyombo leads the squad in blocks with 1.2 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from