The New York Knicks (18-18) take the court against the Detroit Pistons (10-25) as favorites on Thursday, March 4 at 7:30 PM ET on MSG. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of March 4, 2021, 11:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Knicks vs Pistons Betting Odds
Knicks vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 4
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Hand),
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Elfrid Payton: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Taj Gibson: Day To Day (Ankle)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Day To Day (Quad),
Delon Wright: Out (Right Adductor),
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Illness),
Josh Jackson: Day To Day (Illness),
Blake Griffin: Out (Not with Team),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Knicks and Pistons Records ATS
- New York has a 20-15-1 record ATS this year.
- Only 13 of 36 New York games this season (36.1%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Detroit has a 15-16-2 record ATS this season.
- Detroit and its opponents have typically been held under the total points bet this season, only claiming the over in 48.5% (16) of their 33 games played.
Head to Head
The Knicks got a team-high 25 points from Julius Randle on the way to a 109-90 win against Jerami Grant (21 points) and the Pistons in their most recent matchup on February 28, 2021. The Knicks were 1-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 199 total points to finish under the 209.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2021||Knicks||Pistons||-1||209.5||-116||-104||Regular Season||109-90 NY*|
- 2/28/2021 DNP – Knicks: Elfrid Payton;
Pistons: Blake Griffin, Delon Wright
- In New York’s matchups this season, the Knicks and their opponents have exceeded Thursday’s point total of 208 points 20 times (55.6% of opportunities).
- In Detroit’s games this year, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Thursday’s matchup over/under in 24 out of 35 matchups (68.6%).
- This season, the average total for Knicks games is 209.1 points, 1.1 more than the over/under of 208 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 11.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Pistons’ games this season (219.9 points).
- The Knicks’ average implied point total this season is 1.6 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (109.6 implied points on average compared to 108 implied points in this game).
- This season, New York has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (108) 14 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pistons (112.5) is 11.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (101).
- This season, Detroit has scored more than this game’s implied total of 101 points 27 times.
- The Knicks are the league’s 29th-highest scoring team (104.6 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 13th-fewest points per game (108.9) in NBA action.
- The Knicks have put up only seven more points than their opponents this year (an average of 0.2 per game), while the Pistons have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 29 total points, -0.8 per game).
- Randle leads the Knicks in points, rebounds and assists. He puts up 23.1 points per game while tacking on 10.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists.
- Randle’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 22.5, 0.6 points lower than his season average of 23.1.
- The Knicks are led by Alec Burks from beyond the arc. He makes 1.9 shots from deep per game.
- Burks’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 1.9.
- New York’s steals leader is Mitchell Robinson, who grabs 1.2 per game. Nerlens Noel leads the team averaging 2.0 blocks an outing.
- Noel’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 23.4 points per game. He adds 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game this season.
- Mason Plumlee (9.0 rebounds per game) and Delon Wright (4.9 assists per game) are the Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Plumlee’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 10.5 rebounds, 1.5 rebounds greater than his season average of 9.0.
- Wayne Ellington makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, cashing in 2.7 treys per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Detroit’s Wright has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and Isaiah Stewart is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Stewart’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from