The Akron Zips (2-8, 1-5 MAC) will try to break a four-game slide when they play the Kent State Golden Flashes (5-5, 4-2 MAC). The Golden Flashes, listed aton the spread, hit the road on November 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET against the Zips, on the moneyline to win. The contest’s total is currently listed at .
In this article you’ll see everything you need to know to make a bet on the game, including statistical trends, key metrics and more, as well as up-to-date odds.
The betting trends in the following article are based off odds valid as of November 20, 2021 at 12:02 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Kent State Vs. Akron Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Kent State Offense Vs. Akron Defense
|Golden Flashes Offense||Stats (Rank)||Zips Defense|
|31.5 (48)||Points/Gm||38.7 (124)|
|473.6 (10)||Yards/Gm||436.7 (114)|
|248.2 (50)||Pass Yards/Gm||224.5 (60)|
|225.4 (11)||Rush Yards/Gm||212.2 (121)|
|8.2 (39)||Yards/Pass||9.0 (120)|
|4.9 (33)||Yards/Rush||5.8 (123)|
|41.1% (59)||3rd Down %||52.7% (128)|
|4 (6)||Turnovers||8 (86)|
|18 (125)||Sacks||9 (54)|
Akron Offense Vs. Kent State Defense
|Akron Offense||Stats (Rank)||Kent State Defense|
|22.4 (107)||Points/Gm||36.8 (121)|
|339.3 (105)||Yards/Gm||496.7 (129)|
|222.2 (67)||Pass Yards/Gm||298.3 (128)|
|117.1 (105)||Rush Yards/Gm||198.4 (115)|
|7.6 (64)||Yards/Pass||7.7 (90)|
|3.4 (111)||Yards/Rush||4.9 (104)|
|37.8% (80)||3rd Down %||47.2% (119)|
|7 (22)||Turnovers||13 (15)|
|22 (129)||Sacks||6 (92)|
When Kent State Has The Ball
- The Golden Flashes’ rushing game ranks 11th in the FBS (225.4 yards per game), while the Zips allow 212.2 per game (121st-ranked run defense).
- Kent State has one of the best offenses in the FBS in yards per game (No. 10 at 473.6 YPG), and will be up against the 114th-ranked Akron defense (436.7 ypg allowed).
- The Golden Flashes rank 33rd with 4.9 yards per carry, compared to the 5.8 per rush the Zips give up (123rd in the FBS).
- Kent State averages 8.2 yards per pass attempt (39th in the FBS), and Akron allows 9.0 per pass (120th in college football).
When Akron Has The Ball
- The 222.2 passing yards per game the Zips average ranks them 67th in the FBS, while the 298.3 the Golden Flashes give up ranks them 128th in college football.
- Kent State gives up third-down conversions on 47.2% of its opponents’ attempts (119th in the FBS). Akron has a 37.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 80th in college football.
- The Zips have conceded 22 sacks to rank 129th in college football. The Golden Flashes’ defense has totaled six (36th-fewest).
- Akron averages 7.6 yards per pass attempt (64th in the FBS), and Kent State allows 7.7 per pass (90th in college football).
Kent State Betting Trends And Insights
- Kent State has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 14.5-point favorites.
- Kent State and its opponents have combined to go over the point total four out of 10 times this season.
- Kent State’s 10 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 72.5 points four times.
- The Golden Flashes have won all five of the games they have been favored on the moneyline this season.
Akron Betting Trends And Insights
- Akron has put together a 5-5-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Zips have been an underdog by 14.5 points or more five times this year, and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- Akron’s games have hit the over five out of 10 times this year.
- Akron and its opponents have scored more than 72.5 combined points just once this season.
- This season, the Zips have been the underdog seven times and won one of those games.
Kent State Players To Watch
- This year, Dustin Crum has put up 2,414 passing yards (241.4 yards per game) while going 185-for-288 (64.2% completion percentage) and throwing 13 touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 446 rushing yards on 112 carries with eight touchdowns, averaging 44.6 yards per game.
- Marquez Cooper has 162 attempts for a team-high 811 rushing yards (81.1 per game) and nine touchdowns.
- Xavier Williams has 493 yards on 97 carries (49.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Dante Cephas has 60 catches and leads the team with 907 yards (90.7 per game) while scoring seven touchdowns.
- Nykeim Johnson has hauled in 45 catches for 491 yards (49.1 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Keshunn Abram has totaled 487 yards on 34 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 48.7 yards per game.
Akron Players To Watch
- Zach Gibson has passed for 1,101 yards while completing 69.6% of his throws (94-of-135), with nine touchdowns and zero interceptions (183.5 yards per game).
- Jonzell Norrils has run for a team-leading 426 yards on 88 carries (60.9 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- DJ Irons has rushed for 310 yards on 82 carries (38.8 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Michael Mathison has 52 catches and leads the team with 649 yards (64.9 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Konata Mumpfield has also tacked on 53 catches for 615 yards and seven touchdowns this year. He averages 68.3 receiving yards per game.
- Tristian Brank is averaging 27.6 yards per game, racking up 23 receptions for 248 yards and three touchdowns.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from