The Kent State Golden Flashes (16-3, 6-0 MAC) will attempt to build on a 10-game win streak when they visit the Northern Illinois Huskies (7-12, 3-3 MAC) on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at NIU Convocation Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Golden Flashes’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Huskies ( ).
The betting facts in the following article reference odds valid as of January 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Kent State vs Northern Illinois Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Kent State Offense Vs. Northern Illinois Defense
|Kent State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Northern Illinois Defense|
|75.2 (105)||Points/Gm||75.2 (320)|
|13.5 (186)||Possessions/Game||15.1 (240)|
|44.1 (209)||Field Goal %||45.1 (269)|
|34.0 (190)||3PT %||33.3 (161)|
|50.9 (191)||Effective FG %||51.3 (251)|
|54.6 (180)||True Shooting %||55.6 (204)|
Northern Illinois Offense Vs. Kent State Defense
|Northern Illinois Offense||Stats (Rank)||Kent State Defense|
|69.6 (229)||Points/Gm||62.4 (29)|
|15.1 (120)||Possessions/Game||13.5 (172)|
|44.6 (179)||Field Goal %||39.8 (23)|
|33.7 (203)||3PT %||30.0 (35)|
|50.7 (200)||Effective FG %||45.7 (23)|
|53.8 (215)||True Shooting %||55.6 (204)|
Best Betting Sites For Kent State vs Northern Illinois
Kent State Betting Insights
- Kent State has covered 13 times in 17 games with a spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have covered the spread twice when favored by 12.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- In Kent State’s 17 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total four times.
- The Golden Flashes and their opponents have combined to score more than 137.5 points in 10 of 17 games this season.
- Kent State’s outings this year have an average point total of 137.6, 0.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Northern Illinois Betting Insights
- Northern Illinois has compiled a 9-8-0 ATS record so far this year.
- When playing as at least 12.5-point underdogs this season, the Huskies have an ATS record of 3-4.
- Northern Illinois and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 17 times this season.
- The Huskies have combined with their opponents to score more than 137.5 points in 11 of 17 games this season.
- The average over/under for Northern Illinois’ matchups this season is 144.8, 7.3 more points than this game’s total.
Kent State Key Players
- The Golden Flashes points and assists leader is Sincere Carry. He racks up 17.2 points per game and dishes out 4.7 assists.
- Cli’ron Hornbeak paces Kent State with 6.0 rebounds per game.
- The Golden Flashes are led by Miryne Thomas from long distance. He connects on 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- Kent State’s blocks leader is Hornbeak, who averages 0.9 per game. Malique Jacobs leads the team averaging 3.0 steals an outing.
Northern Illinois Key Players
- The Huskies leader in scoring is Keshawn Williams with 17.9 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds per game and 2.4 assists per game.
- When it comes to Northern Illinois leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Zarique Nutter with 5.1 rebounds per game and Kaleb Thornton with 3.5 assists per game.
- David Coit makes more threes per game than any other member of the Huskies, cashing in 2.5 treys per game.
- Coit tops Northern Illinois in steals with 1.6 per game, and Oluwasegun Durosinmi leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.