The Kent State Golden Flashes (15-3, 5-0 MAC) will host the Ball State Cardinals (13-5, 4-1 MAC) after winning eight home games in a row. The matchup starts at 6:30 PM ET on Friday, January 20, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Golden Flashes’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Cardinals ( ).
The insights in this article reference odds valid as of January 20, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Kent State vs Ball State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Kent State Offense Vs. Ball State Defense
|Kent State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ball State Defense|
|74.6 (126)||Points/Gm||67.2 (124)|
|10.7 (121)||Possessions/Game||4.0 (24)|
|43.8 (222)||Field Goal %||41.8 (93)|
|33.6 (206)||3PT %||35.1 (257)|
|50.5 (209)||Effective FG %||47.4 (75)|
|54.2 (202)||True Shooting %||52.9 (117)|
Ball State Offense Vs. Kent State Defense
|Ball State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Kent State Defense|
|76.2 (80)||Points/Gm||62.2 (26)|
|4.0 (339)||Possessions/Game||10.7 (237)|
|47.8 (36)||Field Goal %||40.0 (29)|
|37.2 (49)||3PT %||29.7 (30)|
|54.1 (53)||Effective FG %||45.8 (31)|
|58.1 (40)||True Shooting %||55.9 (211)|
Best Betting Sites For Kent State vs Ball State
Kent State Betting Insights
- Kent State has compiled a 12-3-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have been favored by 8 points or more seven times this season, and covered the spread in four of those contests.
- Kent State and its opponents have combined to hit the over three out of 16 times this season.
- In eight of 16 games this season, the Golden Flashes and their opponents have scored more than 138.5 points.
- The average total in Kent State’s matchups this year is 136.8, 1.7 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Ball State Betting Insights
- Ball State has compiled a 9-7-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Cardinals have been an underdog by 8 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread both times.
- So far this year, seven out of Ball State’s 16 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points in eight of 16 games this season.
- Ball State’s games this year have had a 143.3-point total on average, 4.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Kent State Key Players
- The Golden Flashes points and assists leader is Sincere Carry. He scores 17.1 points per game and dishes out 4.8 assists.
- Miryne Thomas paces Kent State with 6.1 rebounds per game.
- Thomas connects on 2.4 treys per game to lead the Golden Flashes.
- Kent State’s blocks leader is Thomas, who collects 0.8 per game. Malique Jacobs leads the team averaging 3.1 steals a contest.
Ball State Key Players
- Jarron Coleman’s strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Cardinals scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.6 points per game and 3.6 assists per game.
- Payton Sparks collects all of the boards and is the Ball State leader in rebounds, grabbing 8.1 per game.
- Coleman makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cardinals, cashing in 2.2 treys per game.
- Nobody on Ball State grabs more steals than Coleman (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Demarius Jacobs (1.6 per game).