Defending champion Justin Thomas, the No. 5 player in the Official World Golf Rankings, is listed among the favorites at +1800 to reclaim his title in the 2021 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational at TPC Southwind.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 3, 2021, 7:39 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Justin Thomas odds for the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational
Thomas’ recent form
- Thomas will try to extend his streak of made cuts to six by qualifying for the weekend in this tournament.
- Thomas has finished in the top 20 once over his last five events.
- Over his last five tournaments, Thomas has finished within five shots of the leader once. He’s carded a score that’s better than average three times.
- He has an average score relative to par of -1.6 in his last five events.
WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational details
- Date: August 5- 8, 2021
- Location: Memphis, TN
- Course: TPC Southwind
- Par: 70 / 7,237 yards
- Purse: 10.5M
- Defending Champ: Justin Thomas
Course history: Thomas at the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational
- Over the last two times Thomas has played this tournament, he’s finished atop the leaderboard once and his average finish at the event is seventh..
- In his last two attempts at this event, he’s made the cut every time.
- The last time Thomas attended this event in 2020, he walked away as the champion. His last time here, he posted one of the five best scores of the day in two rounds.
Course comparison – TPC Southwind
- TPC Southwind measures 7,237 yards for this tournament, 97 yards shorter than the average course on the PGA Tour over the past year (7,334).
- The average course on the PGA Tour over the past year has played to 70.08 strokes per round and a score of -4.6 compared to par. At TPC Southwind, the scoring average is higher at -1.4 per tournament.
- Thomas will take to the 7,237-yard course this week at TPC Southwind after having played courses with an average length of 7,370 yards over the past year.
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -2.5. That’s lower than this course’s recent scoring average of -1.4.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Justin Thomas 2021 results
|July 29-31||Olympic Men’s Golf Competition||22||71-70-68-65 (-10)||$0|
|July 15-17||The Open Championship||40||72-67-71-69 (-1)||$45,417|
|June 17-20||U.S. Open||19||73-69-71-73 (+2)||$125,363|
|June 3- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Nationwide||42||69-72-75-75 (+3)||$33,015|
|May 27-30||Charles Schwab Challenge||40||72-66-71-69 (-2)||$29,625|
|May 20-23||PGA Championship||MC||75-75||$0|
|May 6- 9||Wells Fargo Championship||26||69-73-71-71 (E)||$53,276|
|April 29 – May 2||Valspar Championship||13||69-71-67-70 (-7)||$127,305|
|April 8-11||Masters Tournament||21||73-67-75-73 (E)||$119,600|
|March 11-14||THE PLAYERS Championship||1||71-71-64-68 (-14)||$2,700,000|
|February 25-28||WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession||15||73-66-70-71 (-8)||$147,333|
|February 18-21||The Genesis Invitational||MC||77-73||$0|
|February 4- 7||Waste Management Phoenix Open||13||70-65-64-72 (-13)||$138,700|
|January 14-17||Sony Open in Hawaii||MC||N/A||$0|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||3||65-69-68-66 (-24)||$490,000|
Thomas’ 22nd-place finish in the Olympic Men’s Golf Competition at Kasumigaseki Country Club, his last tournament appearance, is broken down on a round-by-round basis below.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from