Jordan Spieth took home the top spot in the 2017 The Open Championship at Royal Birkdale GC, and he has () odds to win the tournament this year at St Andrews Links (Old Course). Collin Morikawa is the defending champion for the event, which will tee off July 13-16 in Saint Andrews, United Kingdom.
The insights in this article reflect odds as of July 13, 2022 at 9:34 PM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Jordan Spieth odds for The Open Championship
Spieth’s recent form
- Spieth has finished in the top 20 three times over his last five tournaments, finishing as high as the top 10 in two of those outings.
- He’s qualified for the weekend in four of his last five tournaments.
- Over his last five tournaments, Spieth has finished within five shots of the leader twice. He’s carded a score that’s better than average three times.
- He has carded an average score of -1 over his last five appearances.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Spieth at The Open Championship
- Spieth has three top-10 finishes, two top-five finishes and one tournament win at this event in his last four appearances. His average finishing position over that span is eighth.
- Spieth made the cut in each of his last four attempts at this event.
- Spieth finished second here in his last appearance at the tournament (2021).
- He carded scores in two rounds that were among the five best of the day his last time here.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- This course is set up to play at 7,297 yards, 33 yards longer than the average course on Tour over the past year.
- Golfers at St Andrews Links (Old Course) have averaged a score of -6 per tournament, lower than the Tour-wide scoring average of -5 over the past year.
- The courses Spieth has played over the past year have an average distance of 7,277 yards, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) will play at 7,297 yards this week.
- Events he’s played over the past year have seen players average a score of -5 relative to par. That’s higher than this course, which has a scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Jordan Spieth 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||10||68-72-66-72 (-2)||–||–||$157,800|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||MC||75-66||-9.584||-0.622||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||37||72-70-71-74 (+7)||9.2||-6.12||$75,916|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||18||70-74-69-73 (-2)||-1.956||12.78||$142,800|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||7||69-66-70-70 (-5)||–||–||$246,540|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||34||72-69-74-69 (+4)||8.44||-5.108||$61,607|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||2||67-65-64-67 (-25)||9.252||3.568||$991,900|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||1||69-68-68-66 (-13)||3.46||2.004||$1,440,000|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||MC||74-76||1.302||-1.636||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||35||72-70-74-67 (-5)||6.84||-7.86||$41,925|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||72-79||-2.503||-2.138||$0|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||26||66-67-73-72 (-6)||3.224||0.339||$85,800|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||60||70-69-72-73 (E)||0.156||-3.248||$18,368|
|February 3- 6||AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am||2||68-70-63-69 (-17)||7.576||2.171||$948,300|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||MC||70-78||-2.504||-2.252||$0|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||21||71-69-68-66 (-18)||-3.45||2.319||$119,000|
Spieth’s last tournament appearance was on July 7-10 at The Renaissance Club. Here’s a round-by-round breakdown of his 10th-place finish in the Genesis Scottish Open.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from