After a third-place performance at the 2021 The Open Championship, Jon Rahm will aim for another top finish this year at St Andrews Links (Old Course). He hasodds to win. Saint Andrews, United Kingdom will play host to the event from July 13-16, as 156 golfers hit course seeking the title Collin Morikawa claimed last time the tournament was held.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds as of July 13, 2022 at 9:32 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Jon Rahm odds for The Open Championship
Rahm’s recent form
- Rahm has made the cut in 13 straight events.
- Rahm has claimed victory once while also posting two top-10 finishes over his last five appearances.
- Rahm has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his last five tournaments. Over that same span, he’s finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- He has an average score of -2 across his last five events.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Rahm at The Open Championship
- Over Rahm’s last four trips to this tournament, he’s finished among the top five once. His average finish at the event is 19th.
- Rahm has three made cuts in his last four attempts at this tournament.
- Rahm finished third here in his last appearance at the tournament (2021).
- He finished one round with the top score in the field the last time he played here.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Measuring 7,297 yards, St Andrews Links (Old Course) is set up as a par-72 for this tournament. Over the past year, tournaments on the PGA Tour have been played on courses with an average distance of 7,264 yards.
- Players have recorded 68.25 strokes per round and an average score of -5 over the last year on Tour. Events hosted on this course have a slightly lower scoring average of -6.
- St Andrews Links (Old Course) checks in at 7,297 yards, two yards longer than the average course Rahm has played over the past year (7,295 yards).
- Over the past year, the events he’s played have a scoring average of -4 among finishers, which is higher than the -6 average at this course.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Jon Rahm 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||55||68-72-74-71 (+5)||–||–||$23,280|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||12||69-67-71-74 (+1)||13.84||1.24||$347,058|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||10||72-70-73-69 (-4)||-3.684||6.508||$303,000|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||48||73-69-76-68 (+6)||-7.152||6.484||$32,146|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Championship||1||64-66-68-69 (-17)||19.22||5.92||$1,314,000|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||27||74-72-77-69 (+4)||1.452||-2.12||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||55||69-72-72-77 (+2)||0.36||-0.987||$46,200|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||17||72-70-74-74 (+2)||10.121||-3.941||$183,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||21||69-73-70-65 (-7)||7.175||-2.612||$125,880|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||10||67-70-68-67 (-12)||11.23||-2.322||$198,850|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||3||66-65-72-71 (-14)||4.124||3.05||$445,200|
|January 20-24||The American Express||14||66-70-67-71 (-14)||2.253||0.949||$119,700|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||2||66-66-61-66 (-33)||9.602||4.267||$810,000|
Here’s a breakdown of Rahm’s 55th-place finish in his most recent outing at the Genesis Scottish Open (The Renaissance Club, July 7-10).
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from