Joaquin Niemann enters play in the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) withodds to win after a 16th-place finish in the Genesis Scottish Open at The Renaissance Club July 7-10 in his last action. Collin Morikawa is the defending champion for the event, which will tee off July 13-16 in Saint Andrews, United Kingdom.
The insights in the article below reflect odds as of July 13, 2022 at 9:31 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Joaquin Niemann odds for The Open Championship
Niemann’s recent form
- Niemann has finished in the top five once over his last five events.
- He’s qualified for the weekend in four of his last five appearances.
- Over his last five appearances, Niemann has carded a score that’s better than average in three of those outings.
- He has carded an average score of +1 over his last five tournaments.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Niemann at The Open Championship
- Niemann finished 59th in his only finish at this event in two visits.
- In his last two trips to this event, he’s made it to the weekend once.
- Niemann finished 59th on the leaderboard in his most recent trip to this event in 2021.
- He finished two rounds within five shots of the leader his last time here.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- The par 72 measures 7,297 yards for this week, which is 33 yards longer than the average Tour stop over the past 12 months.
- Golfers at St Andrews Links (Old Course) have averaged a score of -6 per tournament, lower than the Tour-wide scoring average of -5 over the past year.
- Courses Niemann has played over the past year have measured an average of 7,244 yards, 53 yards shorter than the 7,297-yard St Andrews Links (Old Course) for this week’s event.
- Events he’s played over the past year have seen players average a score of -4 relative to par. That’s higher than this course, which has a scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Joaquin Niemann 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||16||69-69-70-71 (-1)||–||–||$104,900|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||MC||73-70||-5.3||-0.906||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||47||71-70-76-72 (+9)||5.92||1.16||$50,672|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||3||71-69-70-71 (-7)||7.468||-0.644||$708,000|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||23||68-71-72-71 (+2)||11.092||8.24||$129,768|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||25||67-65-65-74 (-17)||1.028||11.792||$68,445|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||12||65-72-69-69 (-9)||16.668||4.796||$140,667|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||35||69-74-77-74 (+6)||16.608||2.724||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||22||67-73-73-70 (-5)||7.576||-1.203||$201,000|
|February 24-27||The Honda Classic||MC||70-73||0.608||-0.761||$0|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||1||63-63-68-71 (-19)||14.113||2.45||$2,160,000|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||6||69-68-71-67 (-13)||7.575||1.599||$265,020|
Check out all the details from Niemann’s 16th-place finish in his last tournament appearance, the Genesis Scottish Open at The Renaissance Club.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from