Northwest Division opponents square off when the Utah Jazz (1-0) host the Minnesota Timberwolves (1-0) at Vivint Smart Home Arena, tipping off at 9:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The Jazz are 8-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 225.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 25, 2020, 4:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Jazz vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 26
Timberwolves: Jaylen Nowell: Day To Day (Left Calf), Jordan McLaughlin: Day To Day (COVID-19)
Jazz and Timberwolves Records ATS
- Utah was under .500 against the spread last season with a record of 36-42-1
- The Jazz had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 8 points, going 8-12 last season.
- In 54.4% of its games last season (43/79), Utah and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Minnesota held a losing record ATS last season with 23 wins, 40 losses, and one tie ATS.
- When playing as at least an 8-point underdog last season, the Timberwolves often came up short with only a 0-2 record against the spread.
- Minnesota and its opponents regularly hit the over last season, doing so in 54.7% (35) of its 64 games played.
Head to Head
The Jazz defeated the Timberwolves 127-116 in the last meeting between the two teams on Wednesday. Donovan Mitchell scored 30 points to lead the Jazz, and Jeff Teague scored 32 points for the Timberwolves. The Jazz covered the spread as 1-point favorites, and the teams scored 243 total points to go over the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/11/2019||Jazz||Timberwolves||-1||221.5||-112||-108||Regular Season||127-116 UTA*|
|11/20/2019||Jazz||Timberwolves||-3||223.5||-150||126||Regular Season||103-95 UTA|
|11/18/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-9.5||219.5||-455||353||Regular Season||112-102 MIN*|
|3/14/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-100 UTA|
|1/27/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-111 UTA|
|1/25/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-102 UTA|
|10/31/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-125 MIN|
|4/1/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-97 UTA|
|3/2/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-108 UTA|
|11/13/2017||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-98 MIN|
- 12/11/2019 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley
- 11/18/2019 DNP – Timberwolves: Andrew Wiggins
- Utah’s games last year resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup over/under (225.5 points) in 32 out of 79 opportunities (40.5% of matchups).
- 36 Minnesota games last year (56.2% of its matchups) finished with a final score greater than Saturday’s point total of 225.5 points.
- Last season the average total for Jazz games was 220.4 points, 5.1 fewer than the over/under of 225.5 points for this contest.
- Timberwolves’ games have a total points bet of 230.8 points last season, 5.3 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The average implied total for the Jazz last season was 112.5 points, 4.5 fewer points than their implied total of 117 points in Saturday’s game.
- Utah outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 29 times last season.
- The 116.8-point average implied total last season for the Timberwolves is 7.8 more points than the team’s 109-point implied total in this matchup.
- Minnesota scored more than 109 points in 41 games last season.
- Last season, the Jazz were the NBA’s 18th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Timberwolves allowed their opponents the 28th-fewest points per game (117.5) in the league.
- The Jazz scored a total of 202 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.6 per game), while the Timberwolves were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 275 total points, -4.3 per game).
- Mitchell scored 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert pulled down 13.5 rebounds per game and Joe Ingles averaged 5.2 assists per game .
- Mitchell averaged 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks an outing.
- Karl-Anthony Towns was solid last season with 26.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
- Ricky Rubio collected 8.8 assists per game.
- Rubio nicked 1.4 steals per game. Towns collected 1.2 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from