The Utah Jazz (1-1) visit the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-0) in a matchup of Northwest Division teams at Chesapeake Energy Arena, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, December 28, 2020. The Thunder are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 28, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Thunder Betting Odds
Jazz vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 28
Thunder: Ty Jerome: Day To Day (Left Ankle), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Jazz and Thunder Records ATS
- With a mark of 36-42-1, Utah had a losing record against the spread last season.
- The Jazz were 10-13 against the spread last season when they were at least a 7.5-point favorite.
- In 54.4% of its games last season (43/79), Utah and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- With a 46-31-1 record ATS last season, Oklahoma City topped expectations ATS last season.
- When they played as at least an 7.5-point underdog last season, the Thunder often had trouble covering with only a 2-9 record against the spread.
- 40 of Oklahoma City’s 78 games (51.3%) last season did not cover the over/under.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams the Thunder knocked off the Jazz 110-94. Donovan Mitchell led the Jazz with 13 points, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander paced the Thunder with 19. The Thunder covered the spread as 1-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 204 total points to fall short of the 218.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/1/2020||Thunder||Thunder||-1||218.5||-114||-105||Regular Season||110-94 OKC|
|12/9/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-8.5||206.5||-398||307||Regular Season||104-90 OKC*|
|10/23/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-8.5||221.5||-403||310||Regular Season||100-95 UTA|
|3/11/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-89 OKC|
|2/22/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||148-147 OKC|
|12/22/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-106 OKC|
|12/10/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-113 OKC|
- 12/9/2019 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley; Thunder: Danilo Gallinari
- In Utah’s matchups last season, the Jazz and their opponents exceeded Monday’s over/under of 221 points 40 times (50.6% of opportunities).
- 33 Oklahoma City games last year (41.8% of its matchups) finished with a final point total higher than Monday’s point total of 221 points.
- On average, the over/under in Jazz games last season was 0.6 points fewer than the over/under of 221 points in this matchup.
- Thunder’s games have an over/under of 218.5 points last season, 2.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Jazz had an average implied point total of 112.5 last season, which is 1.5 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (114).
- Last season, Utah scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (114) 34 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Thunder (112) is five more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (107).
- Last season, Oklahoma City scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 51 times.
- Last season, the Jazz were the league’s 18th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Thunder allowed the seventh-fewest points per game (108.6) in NBA play.
- The Jazz totaled a total of 202 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.6 per game), and the Thunder out-scored opponents by 98 points on the season (1.2 more per game).
- Mitchell put up 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert grabbed 13.5 rebounds per game and Joe Ingles averaged 5.2 assists per game.
- Mitchell nicked 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks an outing.
- Al Horford dished out 4.0 assists and 6.8 rebounds per game a season ago.
- Gilgeous-Alexander was good for 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza grabbed 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from