The Utah Jazz (2-1) are favored by points against the Phoenix Suns (3-1) on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on NBA TV. The matchup’s point total is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 31, 2020, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Suns Betting Odds
Jazz vs Suns Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 31
Jazz: Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee)
Suns: Abdel Nader: Out (Concussion), Jalen Smith: Out (Ankle)
Jazz and Suns Records ATS
- With a mark of 36-42-1, Utah had a losing record against the spread last season.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Jazz were 20-27 against the spread in 2019-20.
- 43 of 79 Utah games last season (54.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 37-34-2 record ATS last season, Phoenix outperformed expectations ATS last season.
- As at least a 3.5-point underdog last season, the Suns often came up short with only an 8-11-1 record against the spread.
- 47.9% of Phoenix’s 73 games last season went over the over/under.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Monday, the Suns knocked off the Jazz 131-111. Donovan Mitchell led the Jazz with 38 points, and Devin Booker paced the Suns with 24. The Suns covered the spread as 8-point underdogs, and the teams scored 242 total points to go over the 224-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2020||Jazz||Jazz||-8||224||-350||271||Regular Season||131-111 PHO|
|10/28/2019||Jazz||Suns||-5||213||-206||170||Regular Season||96-95 UTA*|
|4/3/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-97 UTA|
|3/25/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-92 UTA|
|3/13/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-97 UTA|
|2/6/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-88 UTA|
|3/15/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-88 UTA|
|2/14/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-97 UTA|
|2/2/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-97 UTA|
|10/25/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-88 PHO|
- 10/28/2019 DNP – Suns: Deandre Ayton
- Utah’s games last season went over the point total for Thursday’s matchup over/under (218.5 points) in 53.2% of opportunities (42 out of 79 matchups).
- In 54 out of Phoenix’s 73 games last year (74%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the over/under in Thursday’s matchup.
- Last season, the average total for Jazz games was 220.4 points, 1.9 more than the over/under of 218.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.5 points separates the average total points bet in Suns’ games (227 points) and this matchup’s over/under (218.5 points).
- The Jazz had an average implied point total of 112.5 last season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (111).
- Last season, Utah outscored its implied point total for this matchup (111) 42 times.
- The 116.8-point average implied total last season for the Suns is 8.8 more points than the team’s 108-point implied total in this matchup.
- Phoenix scored more than 108 points in 53 games last season.
- Last season, the Jazz were the NBA’s 18th-highest scoring team (111.5 PPG), while the Suns allowed their opponents the 20th-fewest points per game (113.4) in the league.
- The Jazz totaled 202 more points than their opponents last season (2.6 per game on average), and the Suns scored just 16 more points than their opponents (0.2 per game).
- Mitchell put up 24.0 points per game last season.
- Rudy Gobert collected 13.5 rebounds per game and Joe Ingles dished out 5.2 assists per contest.
- Mitchell nicked 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collected 2.0 blocks a game.
- Booker contributed 26.6 points per game last season.
- Deandre Ayton collected 11.5 rebounds a game and Chris Paul dished out 6.7 assists per outing.
- Paul averaged 1.6 steals per game. Ayton collected 1.5 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from