The San Antonio Spurs (2-3) are favored () to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Utah Jazz (3-2) at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at AT&T Center. The game airs on SportsNet RM. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 3, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Spurs Betting Odds
Jazz vs Spurs Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 3
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Right Knee),
Royce O’Neale: Day To Day (Right Knee)
LaMarcus Aldridge: Day To Day (Knee),
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Jazz and Spurs Records ATS
- Utah has managed to cover the spread in less than half its games this season, amassing a record of 2-3 against the spread.
- The Jazz are 0-3 against the spread this season when they are at least a 4-point favorite.
- In 20% of its games this season (1/5), Utah and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- With a 4-1 record ATS this season, San Antonio has outperformed expectations ATS this season.
- Three of San Antonio’s five games (60%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
Head to Head
The Jazz knocked off the Spurs 118-112 in the last meeting between the teams on Thursday. Keldon Johnson scored 24 points to lead the Spurs, and Rayjon Tucker scored 18 points for the Jazz. The Jazz covered the spread as 7.5-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 233.5-point over/under after combining to score 230.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/13/2020||Spurs||Jazz||-7.5||233.5||-284||231||Regular Season||118-112 UTA*|
|8/7/2020||Spurs||Spurs||-9||225.5||-398||318||Regular Season||119-111 SA*|
|2/21/2020||Jazz||Jazz||-7||223.5||-283||225||Regular Season||113-104 SA*|
|1/29/2020||Jazz||Spurs||-5.5||221||-235||190||Regular Season||127-120 SA*|
|2/9/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-105 UTA|
|12/9/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-97 SA|
|12/4/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||139-105 UTA|
|3/23/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-120 SA|
|2/12/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-99 UTA|
|2/3/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-111 UTA|
- 8/13/2020 DNP – Jazz: Rudy Gobert, Mike Conley; Spurs: DeMar DeRozan, Patty Mills, Derrick White, Bryn Forbes
- 8/7/2020 DNP – Jazz: Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, Mike Conley; Spurs: Patty Mills, Bryn Forbes
- 2/21/2020 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley
- 1/29/2020 DNP – Spurs: LaMarcus Aldridge
- In Utah’s matchups this season, the Jazz and their opponents have eclipsed Sunday’s over/under of 221 points 40 times (800% of opportunities).
- In San Antonio’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup over/under in three out of five matchups (60%).
- The Jazz have seen a 214.6 average over/under in their games this season, 6.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Spurs’ games have a total points bet of 223.2 points this season, 2.2 points more than the over/under for this contest.
- The Jazz’s average implied point total this season is 1.2 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (114.2 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Utah has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (113) 36 times.
- The Spurs’ average implied point total on the season (116.8 points) is 7.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (109 points).
- This season, San Antonio has scored more than this game’s implied total of 109 points two times.
- The Jazz are at the 18th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (108.4 PPG), while the Spurs allow the 20th-fewest points per game (112.2) in the league.
- The Jazz have totaled only 11 more points than their opponents this season (2.2 per game on average), while the Spurs have been out-scored by six total points (1.2 per game average differential).
- Mike Conley leads the Jazz in scoring (21.4 points per game) and assisting (5.2 assists per game).
- Conley’s assists prop total for the matchup is set at 4.5 assists, 0.7 assists lower than his season average of 5.2.
- Utah’s rebounding leader is Rudy Gobert, who averages 13.4 per game.
- Gobert’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 12.5 boards, 0.9 rebounds less than his season average of 13.4.
- Conley makes 3.8 threes per game to lead the Jazz.
- Conley’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 1.3 shots less than his season average of 3.8.
- Donovan Mitchell leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Gobert collects 1.4 blocks a game to pace Utah.
- Gobert’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- DeMar DeRozan’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Spurs scoring and assists leaderboards with 21.8 points per game and 8.0 assists per game.
- DeRozan’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 31.5, 4.5 less than his season average of 36.0.
- Johnson collects all of the boards and is the San Antonio leader in rebounds, getting 7.6 per game.
- Johnson’s rebounding prop total for the game is set at 4.5 boards, 3.1 rebounds less than his season average of 7.6.
- Patty Mills makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spurs, cashing in 2.6 treys per game.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Johnson is at the top of San Antonio’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Rudy Gay leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.
- Gay’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 blocks lower than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from