A game after he scored 32 points in a 131-118 win over the Bucks, Donovan Mitchell leads the Utah Jazz (5-4) on the road against the Detroit Pistons (2-7) as favorites. The matchup, which airs on NBA TV, tips at 3:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 10, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 10, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Pistons Betting Odds
Jazz vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 10
Jarrell Brantley: Out (Not With Team),
Juwan Morgan: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee),
Joe Ingles: Day To Day (Achilles)
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Jazz and Pistons Records ATS
- Utah is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 4-5
- The Jazz have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 7.5 points, going 0-3 this season.
- Only 4 of 9 Utah games this season (44.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 5-4 record ATS this season, Detroit has outplayed expectations ATS this season.
- 44.4% of Detroit’s 9 games this season have fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
The Jazz got a team-high 32 points from Bojan Bogdanovic on the way to a 111-105 victory over Christian Wood (30 points) and the Pistons in their most recent matchup. The Jazz were 8.5-point favorites in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 216 total points to go over the 210.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Jazz||Pistons||-8.5||210.5||-389||306||Regular Season||111-105 UTA*|
|12/30/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-9.5||218||-521||390||Regular Season||104-81 UTA*|
|1/14/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-94 UTA|
|1/5/2019||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-105 UTA|
|3/13/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-79 UTA|
|1/24/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-95 UTA|
|3/15/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-83 UTA|
|1/13/2017||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-77 UTA|
|1/25/2016||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||95-92 DET|
|10/28/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||92-87 DET|
- 3/7/2020 DNP –
Pistons: Derrick Rose, Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin
- 12/30/2019 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley;
Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- Utah and its opponents have gone over Sunday’s 216.5 total in 47 out of nine games (522.2%) this year.
- In six out of Detroit’s nine games this season (66.7%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Sunday’s matchup.
- This season, the average total for Jazz games is 222.1 points, 5.6 more than the over/under of 216.5 points for this contest.
- Pistons’ games have a total points bet of 228.9 points this season, 12.4 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The average implied total for the Jazz this season is 114.4 points, 2.4 more points than their implied total of 112 points in Sunday’s game.
- Utah has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (112) 38 times this season.
- The 114.2-point average implied total on the season for the Pistons is 9.2 more points than the team’s 105-point implied total in this matchup.
- Detroit has scored more than this game’s implied total of 105 points seven times this season.
- The Jazz are the NBA’s 18th-highest scoring team (111 PPG), while the Pistons allow their opponents the 25th-fewest points per game (117.6) in the league.
- The Jazz have a -1-point scoring differential on the season (-0.1 per game). The Pistons have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-56 total points, -6.3 per game).
- The Jazz scoring leader is Mitchell, who contributes 22.4 points per game.
- Mitchell’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 5.1 greater than his season average of 31.4.
- Utah is led in rebounding by Rudy Gobert’s 13.3 rebounds per game and assisting by Mike Conley’s 5.7 assists per game .
- Gobert’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 14.5 boards, 1.2 rebounds greater than his season average of 13.3.
- The Jazz are led by Conley from beyond the arc. He connects on 3.2 shots from deep per game.
- Conley’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 3.2.
- Utah’s blocks leader is Gobert, who collects 2.7 per game. Jordan Clarkson leads the team averaging 1.0 steal an outing.
- Clarkson’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.5 steals lower than his season average of 1.0.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 24.8 points per game. He adds 6.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game this season.
- Grant’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 14.5, 10.3 points lower than his season average of 24.8.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.2 rebounds per game) and Derrick Rose (5.4 assists per game).
- Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 13.5, 7.3 lower than his season average of 20.8.
- Grant is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, hitting 2.7 threes per game.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Plumlee is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Plumlee’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from