The Utah Jazz (9-4) are favorites as they try to extend a five-game winning streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (5-7) on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at Vivint Arena. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 19, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Jazz vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 19
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee),
Elijah Hughes: Out (Ankle),
Joe Ingles: Day To Day (Achilles)
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Knee)
Jazz and Pelicans Records ATS
- Utah has compiled an 8-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Jazz are an even 3-3 against the spread this season when they are at least a 6-point favorite.
- Only 4 of 13 Utah games this season (30.8%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- New Orleans holds a losing record ATS this season with five wins and seven losses ATS.
- For the third time this season, the Pelicans are at least a 6-point underdog, where they have a record of 0-2 against the spread.
- Half of New Orleans’ 12 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Jazz took down the Pelicans 106-104. Jordan Clarkson led the Jazz with 23 points, and Brandon Ingram paced the Pelicans with 23. The Jazz covered the spread as 2.5-point underdogs, and the teams scored 210 total points to go under the 228.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|7/30/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-2.5||228.5||-137||114||Regular Season||106-104 UTA|
|1/16/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-5.5||225.5||-237||192||Regular Season||138-132 NO*|
|1/6/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-4||221.5||-178||148||Regular Season||128-126 UTA*|
|11/23/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-5.5||225.5||-213||176||Regular Season||128-120 UTA*|
|3/6/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-104 UTA|
|3/4/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-112 NO|
|10/27/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-111 UTA|
|3/11/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-99 UTA|
|2/5/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-109 UTA|
|1/3/2018||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-98 NO|
- 1/16/2020 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley; Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick
- 1/6/2020 DNP – Jazz: Mike Conley; Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday
- 11/23/2019 DNP – Jazz: Rudy Gobert; Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- Utah and its opponents have gone over Tuesday’s 218 total in 42 out of 13 games (323.1%) this season.
- In 41.7% of New Orleans’ games this season (5 of 12), the total points scored was more than Tuesday’s 218-point over/under.
- This season the average total for Jazz games is 215.9 points, 2.1 fewer than the over/under of 218 points for this contest.
- Pelicans’ games have an over/under of 216.5 points this season, 1.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Jazz’s average implied point total this season is 2.1 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (114.1 implied points on average compared to 112 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Utah has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (112) 38 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pelicans (112.6) is 6.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (106).
- New Orleans has put up more than 106 points in eight games on the season.
- The Jazz are the NBA’s 17th-highest scoring team (110.5 PPG), while the Pelicans allow their opponents the 10th-fewest points per game (108.8) in the league.
- The Jazz have out-scored their opponents by a total of 67 points this season (5.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pelicans have out-scored them by only 12 more points on the year (one per game).
- The Jazz scoring leader is Donovan Mitchell, who contributes 23.2 points per game.
- Mitchell’s points prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.3 points greater than his season average of 23.2.
- Mike Conley leads Utah with 6.0 assists per game and Rudy Gobert paces the team with 13.5 rebounds per matchup.
- Gobert’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 1.5 greater than his season average of 27.0.
- The Jazz are led by Mitchell from beyond the arc. He connects on 3.3 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 3.3.
- Utah’s steals leader is Conley, who collects 1.3 per game. Gobert leads the team averaging 2.7 blocks a game.
- Gobert’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.2 blocks lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Ingram’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Pelicans scoring and assists leaderboards with 23.3 points per game and 5.1 assists per game.
- Ingram’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 4.2 lower than his season average of 34.7.
- Steven Adams collects all of the boards and is the New Orleans leader in rebounds, pulling down 9.0 per game.
- Adams’ rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 8.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 9.0.
- Lonzo Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, hitting 2.2 threes per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots greater than his season average of 2.2.
- Nobody on New Orleans grabs more steals than Adams (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Ingram (0.9 per game).
- Adams’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from