The Utah Jazz (6-4) are double-digit, 12-point favorites against the Cleveland Cavaliers (5-6) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup airs on FS-OH. The over/under for the matchup is set at 208.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 12, 2021, 4:07 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Jazz vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 12
Derrick Favors: Day To Day (Knee),
Joe Ingles: Day To Day (Achilles)
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Collin Sexton: Day To Day (Ankle),
Darius Garland: Out (Right Shoulder),
Dylan Windler: Out (Wrist),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal),
Matthew Dellavedova: Day To Day (Concussion)
Jazz and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Utah is an even 5-5 against the spread this season.
- Only 4 of 10 Utah games this season (40%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Cleveland holds a losing record ATS this season with five wins and six losses ATS.
- Cleveland and its opponents have regularly not covered the total points bet this season, only hitting the over in 18.2% (2) of their 11 games played.
Head to Head
The Jazz took down the Cavaliers 126-113 in the last meeting between the teams on Monday. Bojan Bogdanovic scored 28 points to pace the Jazz, and Collin Sexton scored 32 points for the Cavaliers. The Jazz covered the spread as 10-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 239 total points to go over the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2020||Jazz||Cavaliers||-10||221.5||-593||439||Regular Season||126-113 UTA|
|1/18/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-99 UTA|
|1/4/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-91 UTA|
|12/30/2017||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 UTA|
|12/16/2017||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-100 CLE|
|3/16/2017||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-83 CLE|
|1/10/2017||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 UTA|
|3/14/2016||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-85 UTA|
|11/10/2015||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-114 CLE|
|1/21/2015||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-92 CLE|
- In Utah’s matchups this season, the Jazz and their opponents have exceeded Tuesday’s point total of 208 points 56 times (560% of opportunities).
- Four Cleveland games this year (36.4% of its matchups) finished with a final point total higher than Tuesday’s total of 208 points.
- This season, the average total for Jazz games is 218.1 points, 10.1 more than the over/under of 208 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 5.2 points more than the average over/under in Cavaliers’ games this season (202.8 points).
- The Jazz have an average implied point total of 114.3 this season, which is 4.3 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (110).
- So far this season, Utah has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 45 times.
- The 110.4-point average implied total on the season for the Cavaliers is 12.4 more points than the team’s 98-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cleveland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 98 points four times this season.
- The Jazz are the NBA’s 20th-highest scoring team (109.5 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow their opponents the least points per game (102.8) in the league.
- The Jazz have totaled only nine more points than their opponents this season (0.9 per game on average), while the Cavaliers have been out-scored by 31 total points (2.8 per game average differential).
- The Jazz scoring leader is Donovan Mitchell, who puts up 23.0 points per game.
- Mitchell’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 0.9 higher than his season average of 31.6.
- Rudy Gobert paces Utah with 13.9 rebounds per game and Mike Conley leads the squad with 5.7 assists per outing.
- Gobert’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is listed at 13.5 boards, 0.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 13.9.
- The Jazz are led by Mitchell from long distance. He knocks down 3.2 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Conley leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Gobert collects 2.8 blocks a game to pace Utah.
- Conley’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals greater than his season average of 1.0.
- Sexton outpaced his teammates on the Cavaliers scoring front by putting up 25.1 points per game. He adds 2.1 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season.
- Sexton’s points prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 2.6 points less than his season average of 25.1.
- The Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists are Andre Drummond (15.2 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (6.3 assists per game).
- Garland’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 6.3 less than his season average of 26.8.
- Garland makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, averaging 2.5 treys per game.
- Garland’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Larry Nance Jr. is at the top of Cleveland’s steals hierarchy with 2.5 steals per game and Drummond leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Nance’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 steal lower than his season average of 2.5.
The Jazz are favored by both FanDuel and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (12 to 2.1 points). Take the Cavaliers and the points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from