The Utah Jazz (38-13) host the Portland Trail Blazers (30-20) as favorites after Donovan Mitchell racked up 41 points in the Jazz’s 117-113 loss to the Suns. The matchup airs on NBCS-NW at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, April 8. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of April 8, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Jazz vs Trail Blazers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 8
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle),
Elijah Hughes: Out (Illness),
Juwan Morgan: Out (Calf)
Norman Powell: Day To Day (Toe),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle),
Jusuf Nurkic: Day To Day (Knee)
Jazz and Trail Blazers Records ATS
- Utah has played to a 31-19-1 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Jazz are 17-8-1 against the spread this season.
- Utah and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 47.1% of its games this season (24/51).
- Portland has outperformed the spread so far this season with a record of 25-24-1.
- For the eighth time this season, the Trail Blazers are at least a 7-point underdog, where they have a record of 4-3 against the spread.
- 44% of Portland’s 50 games this season have missed the over/under.
Head to Head
Rudy Gobert scored a team-high 20 points to help lead the Jazz past CJ McCollum (23 points) and the Trail Blazers 120-100 in their most recent matchup on December 23, 2020. The Jazz were favored by 2 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 220 total points to fall short of the 226-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/23/2020||Jazz||Trail Blazers||-2||226||-126||105||Regular Season||120-100 UTA|
- Utah’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Thursday’s matchup over/under (231 points) in 17 out of 51 opportunities (33.3% of matchups).
- 24 Portland games this year (48% of its matchups) ended with a final total greater than Thursday’s total of 231 points.
- This season the average total for Jazz games is 224.2 points, 6.8 fewer than the over/under of 231 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.6 points separates this game’s over/under (231 points) and the average total points bet in Trail Blazers’ games (230.4 points) this season.
- The Jazz’s average implied point total this season is 3.1 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (115.9 implied points on average compared to 119 implied points in this game).
- Utah has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (119) 19 times.
- The 117.6-point average implied total on the season for the Trail Blazers is 5.6 more points than the team’s 112-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Portland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 33 times.
- The Jazz are at the third spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (116.8 PPG), while the Trail Blazers allow the 26th-fewest points per game (115.2) in the league.
- The Jazz have totaled 480 more points than their opponents this season (9.4 per game on average), and the Trail Blazers have scored only three more points than their opponents (zero per game).
- The Jazz scoring leader is Mitchell, who averages 25.8 points per game.
- Mitchell’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 37.5, 1.9 greater than his season average of 35.6.
- Mike Conley leads Utah with 5.5 assists a game and Gobert paces the team with 13.4 rebounds per outing.
- Conley’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 1.8 lower than his season average of 25.3.
- Mitchell is the top three-point shooter for the Jazz, connecting on 3.4 per game.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Conley leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Gobert collects 2.9 blocks a contest to pace Utah.
- Conley’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- The Trail Blazers go-to guy, Damian Lillard, leads the team in both scoring (29.2 points per game) and assists (7.7 assists per game).
- Lillard’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 22.5, 6.7 points less than his season average of 29.2.
- Enes Kanter’s 11.7 rebounds per game paces Portland’s rebounding effort. He also adds 12.0 points per game.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 24.5, 0.4 lower than his season average of 24.9.
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 4.1 made threes per game.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 1.6 shots less than his season average of 4.1.
- Robert Covington is a defensive force for Portland, leading the team in both steals (1.6 per game) and blocks (1.3 per game).
- Covington’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from