Jason Day heads into the 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic at Detroit Golf Club withodds. He will try to improve on his 14th-place finish at this tournament in 2021. The course, located in Detroit, Michigan, will host the event from July 28-31. The defending champion of the event is Cameron Davis.
The betting facts in this article reflect odds as of July 27, 2022 at 6:22 AM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Jason Day odds for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
Day’s recent form
- In his last five appearances, Day has an average finish of 50th.
- Out of the last five tournaments he’s entered, he made the cut four times.
- Day has finished with a score lower than the tournament average in one of his last five tournaments.
- He has carded an average score of -1 over his last five events.
Rocket Mortgage Classic details
- Date: July 28-31, 2022
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Course: Detroit Golf Club
- Par: 72 / 7,340 yards
- Purse: 8.4M
- Defending Champ: Cameron Davis
Course history: Day at the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Day has one top-20 finish in his last two trips to this tournament. His average finishing position over that span is 14th.
- Day has made the cut one time in his last two entries to the event.
- The last time Day played this event in 2021, he finished 14th.
- He finished one round with one of the five best scores of the day in his last trip to this tournament.
Course comparison – Detroit Golf Club
- Detroit Golf Club will play at 7,340 yards for this event. Over the past year on Tour, the average tournament has been hosted on courses with an average distance of 7,265.
- The average course on the PGA Tour over the past year has played to 67 strokes per round and a score of -4 compared to par. At Detroit Golf Club, the scoring average is lower at -11 relative to par per tournament.
- The average course Day has played over the last year (7,266 yards) is 74 yards shorter than the course he’ll be playing this week (7,340 yards).
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -5. That’s higher than this course’s recent scoring average of -11.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Jason Day 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 21-25||3M Open||64||70-72-72-72 (+2)||6.936||4.188||$15,975|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||MC||74-71||-2.214||-5.992||$0|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||31||71-74-68-75 (E)||-3.336||10.16||$78,600|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||55||71-72-72-73 (+8)||0.468||6.864||$27,925|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||51||68-68-73-66 (-13)||7.988||0.832||$21,635|
|May 5- 9||Wells Fargo Championship||15||63-67-79-70 (-1)||23.356||2.992||$141,750|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74-70||-3.258||-1.252||$0|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||MC||70-72||-0.94||0.76||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||69-78||-2.170||1.529||$0|
|February 3- 6||AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am||24||68-66-70-74 (-9)||-0.851||1.271||$74,603|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||3||70-65-67-72 (-14)||3.243||3.931||$445,200|
|January 20-24||The American Express||49||67-75-67-70 (-9)||-2.307||-2.087||$18,949|
Day’s last tournament appearance was on July 21-25 at TPC Twin Cities. Here’s a round-by-round breakdown of his 64th-place finish in the 3M Open.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from