The No. 14 Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) and the UNLV Rebels (0-2) hit the field in a college football matchup at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada. The Rebels (on the moneyline to win) and the Cyclones ( ) match up on September 18, 2021 at 10:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. The contest’s total is currently listed at .
Take a look at this article before you make a bet on this game for updated odds and everything else you need to know about the contest — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Iowa State Vs. UNLV Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Iowa State Offense Vs. UNLV Defense
|Cyclones Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rebels Defense|
|16.5 (119)||Points/Gm||36.0 (117)|
|337.0 (94)||Yards/Gm||468.0 (115)|
|225.5 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||274.5 (109)|
|111.5 (101)||Rush Yards/Gm||193.5 (104)|
|6.5 (90)||Yards/Pass||8.1 (102)|
|3.7 (89)||Yards/Rush||4.8 (98)|
|30.8% (108)||3rd Down %||57.1% (124)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||3 (38)|
UNLV Offense Vs. Iowa State Defense
|UNLV Offense||Stats (Rank)||Iowa State Defense|
|21.5 (103)||Points/Gm||18.5 (48)|
|247.0 (121)||Yards/Gm||224.0 (10)|
|103.5 (122)||Pass Yards/Gm||168.0 (36)|
|143.5 (79)||Rush Yards/Gm||56.0 (13)|
|4.9 (122)||Yards/Pass||6.1 (48)|
|3.8 (86)||Yards/Rush||1.7 (6)|
|27.6% (117)||3rd Down %||37.5% (76)|
|2 (52)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|4 (102)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Iowa State Has The Ball
- The Cyclones are the FBS’ 79th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (3), and are playing the 11th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Rebels (4).
- UNLV’s defense gives up 274.5 yards through the air per game (109th in the FBS). Iowa State’s 225.5 passing yards per game is 66th in college football.
- The Cyclones have the 94th-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (337.0). They will be facing a Rebels defense ranked 115th, allowing 468.0 yards per game.
- Iowa State converts 30.8% of its third downs (108th in college football), while UNLV’s defense ranks 124th in that category (57.1%)
When UNLV Has The Ball
- The Rebels average 247.0 yards per game to rank 121st in the FBS. They will be up against a Cyclones defense ranked 10th, giving up 224.0 yards per game.
- UNLV averages 103.5 passing yards per game (122nd in the FBS). It will be up against takes on the Cyclones’ defense which ranks 36th, allowing 168.0 yards per game through the air.
- The Rebels average 3.8 yards per carry (86th in college football) compared to the 1.7 per attempt the Cyclones give up (sixth in the FBS).
- Iowa State’s defense allows 6.1 yards per pass attempt (48th in the FBS). UNLV’s offense averages 4.9 yards per pass (122nd in college football).
Iowa State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Cyclones have been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
UNLV Betting Trends And Insights
- The Rebels have covered the spread when playing as at least 32-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- The Rebels lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Iowa State Players To Watch
- Brock Purdy leads the team with 337 passing yards (168.5 yards per game) and has a 64.2% completion percentage this year (34-of-53) with three interceptions. He also has 59 rushing yards on 15 carries, averaging 29.5 yards per game.
- Breece Hall has picked up a team-best 138 rushing yards (69.0 per game) and two touchdowns. He has added eight receptions for 55 yards (27.5 yards per game).
- This season Xavier Hutchinson has 10 catches and leads the team with 110 yards (55.0 per game).
- Darren Wilson has also contributed with 62 yards on three catches. He averages 31.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Tarique Milton has caught five passes for 59 yards and one touchdown, averaging 29.5 receiving yards per game.
UNLV Players To Watch
- Doug Brumfield leads the team with 177 passing yards (88.5 yards per game) and has a 42.3% completion percentage this year (11-of-26) with one interception. He also has 70 rushing yards on 15 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- Charles Williams has 40 carries for a team-high 207 rushing yards (103.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Kyle Williams has racked up eight receptions for 114 yards, best on his team. He averages 57.0 receiving yards per game.
- Zyell Griffin has tacked on 40 yards (on three catches).
- Steve Jenkins is averaging 11.0 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 22 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from