The Alabama State Hornets (0-4) will look to stop a four-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0) on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hawkeyes’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Hornets ( ).
This article refers to odds current as of November 18, 2021 at 4:12 PM ET. Find all the current odds for this contest in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Iowa vs Alabama State Betting Odds
Iowa Offense Vs. Alabama State Defense (From 2020-21)
|Iowa Offense||Stats (Rank)||Alabama State Defense|
|83.3 (4)||Points/Gm||71.6 (213)|
|70.1 (126)||Possessions/Game||73 (306)|
|47 (44)||Field Goal %||43.8 (188)|
|38.8 (11)||3PT %||32.4 (96)|
|54.7 (31)||Effective FG %||48.9 (125)|
|57.8 (33)||True Shooting %||52 (109)|
Alabama State Offense vs. Iowa Defense (From 2020-21)
|Alabama State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Iowa Defense|
|64.2 (320)||Points/Gm||72.9 (246)|
|70.8 (101)||Possessions/Game||70.2 (215)|
|38 (343)||Field Goal %||42 (93)|
|31.7 (274)||3PT %||34.9 (253)|
|43.5 (343)||Effective FG %||48.9 (125)|
|48.2 (330)||True Shooting %||51.3 (70)|
Iowa Betting Insights
- Iowa won 14 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover 16 times.
- The Hawkeyes covered the spread once when favored by 27.5 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- Iowa’s games went over the point total 14 out of 30 times last season.
- Iowa’s games last season featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 151 points 18 times.
- Hawkeyes contests last season had an average point total of 154.4, 3.4 more points than this game’s over/under.
Alabama State Betting Insights
- Alabama State covered 10 times in 19 chances against the spread last season.
- Alabama State and its opponents combined to go over the point total eight out of 19 times last season.
- Alabama State played four games last season that ended with a combined score higher than 151 points.
- The Hornets had a 136.7-point average over/under in their outings last year, 14.3 fewer points than this game’s total.
Iowa Key Players
- Luka Garza scored 24 points per game last season while also adding 8.7 rebounds.
- Jordan Bohannon dished out 4.5 assists per game.
- Bohannon made 2.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Joe Wieskamp grabbed one steal per game. Garza averaged 1.6 blocks an outing.
Alabama State Key Players
- Brandon Battle averaged 11.6 points per game last season and grabed 7.7 rebounds a contest.
- D.J. Heath racked up 2.5 assists per game.
- Kevion Stewart knocked down 1.7 threes per game a season ago.
- Heath averaged 1.3 steals per game. Kenny Strawbridge collected 0.3 blocks an outing.