The Indiana Hoosiers (20-13) will look to claim a place in the Round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament bracket in their First Four game against the Wyoming Cowboys (25-8) on Tuesday at University of Dayton Arena, tipping off at 9:10 PM. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hoosiers’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Cowboys ( ).
BetMGM March Madness Special Offer! Bet $10 on a moneyline and win $200 if either team makes a 3-pointer!
Indiana vs Wyoming Betting Odds
Indiana vs Wyoming Betting Analysis
When Indiana has the basketball, there is no doubt the Hoosiers will be looking to go to 6’10” forward and future first-round pick Trace Jackson-Davis. Over the past couple weeks, Jackson Davis has been putting up incredible numbers averaging nearly 25 points per game to go along with 8 rebounds.
When Wyoming is on offense, they are also undoubtedly looking for star 6’9” forward Graham Ike, According to ShotQuality, Indiana has the 22nd best defense in the country against shots attacking the rim which could be very significant versus this Cowboys offense. Wyoming is also ranked in the bottom-75 in the country in Rim & 3 Rate. 77% of their possessions end in either a 3 or a shot at the rim, which are the two most vital shots in basketball.
Despite the Cowboys’ recent success on offense when feeding Ike in the paint, such production will be far more difficult when matched up with future NBA top-10 pick Jackson-Davis. There may be some value on the Hoosiers to cover and move onto a first-round matchup versus 5-seed St. Mary’s.
Indiana Offense Vs. Wyoming Defense
|Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Wyoming Defense|
|71.5 (159)||Points/Gm||65.5 (65)|
|67.7 (193)||Possessions/Game||68.4 (160)|
|45.9 (73)||Field Goal %||41.2 (60)|
|33.9 (177)||3PT %||30.2 (29)|
|51.3 (128)||Effective FG %||47.1 (63)|
|54.9 (121)||True Shooting %||49.2 (29)|
Wyoming Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Wyoming Offense||Stats (Rank)||Indiana Defense|
|73 (120)||Points/Gm||65.9 (78)|
|66.2 (271)||Possessions/Game||67.6 (121)|
|45.8 (79)||Field Goal %||38.9 (12)|
|34.3 (145)||3PT %||32.5 (125)|
|53.2 (60)||Effective FG %||45.4 (21)|
|57.2 (39)||True Shooting %||50.3 (68)|
Indiana Betting Insights
- Indiana is 19-14-0 ATS this season.
- The Hoosiers have an ATS record of 11-6 when playing as at least 4-point favorites this season.
- In Indiana’s 33 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 16 times.
- Indiana and its opponents have gone over 131.5 combined points in 18 of 33 games this season.
- The Hoosiers have an average point total of 137.4 in their outings this year, 5.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Wyoming Betting Insights
- Wyoming has covered 17 times in 33 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Cowboys have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 4-point underdogs this year.
- Wyoming’s games have gone over the point total 17 out of 33 times this year.
- Wyoming has played 21 games this season that have had more than 131.5 combined points scored.
- The average total for Cowboys games this season has been 137.9, 6.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Indiana Key Players
- Trayce Jackson-Davis leads the Hoosiers in points and rebounds. He scores 18.1 points per game while tacking on 8.2 rebounds.
- The team is led in assists by Xavier Johnson’s five per game.
- Parker Stewart makes 1.6 treys per game to lead the Hoosiers.
- Johnson leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Jackson-Davis collects 2.4 blocks a contest to pace Indiana.
Wyoming Key Players
- Graham Ike has the top Cowboys spot in two categories: scoring (19.6 points per game) and rebounding (9.6 rebounds per game).
- The Wyoming leader in assists is Hunter Maldonado with 6.3 assists per game.
- Drake Jeffries makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cowboys, averaging 2.8 treys per game.
- Maldonado tops Wyoming in steals with 1.2 per game, and Jeremiah Oden leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.
March Madness bracket & live odds