The Indiana Hoosiers (1-2) and the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) square off in college football action at Houchens Industries–L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The Hilltoppers (moneyline odds to win) will play host to the Hoosiers ( ) on September 25, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The contest’s total is currently set at .
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know to make a bet on the game, including statistical trends, key metrics and more, as well as up-to-date odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 25, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Indiana Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Indiana Offense Vs. Western Kentucky Defense
|Hoosiers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hilltoppers Defense|
|28.7 (74)||Points/Gm||29.5 (102)|
|315.7 (113)||Yards/Gm||406.0 (91)|
|179.7 (103)||Pass Yards/Gm||136.0 (13)|
|136.0 (84)||Rush Yards/Gm||270.0 (128)|
|5.8 (112)||Yards/Pass||5.6 (22)|
|3.5 (103)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (113)|
|38.8% (74)||3rd Down %||59.4% (129)|
|7 (122)||Turnovers||2 (94)|
|2 (19)||Sacks||1 (114)|
Western Kentucky Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Western Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Indiana Defense|
|47.0 (3)||Points/Gm||28.7 (92)|
|532.0 (12)||Yards/Gm||297.3 (35)|
|456.5 (1)||Pass Yards/Gm||183.7 (41)|
|75.5 (125)||Rush Yards/Gm||113.7 (49)|
|12.0 (4)||Yards/Pass||5.4 (17)|
|3.4 (104)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (53)|
|68.8% (1)||3rd Down %||27.5% (14)|
|2 (25)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||3 (80)|
When Indiana Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers are 19th-best in college football in sacks allowed (two), and are playing the defense with the 14th-fewest, the Hilltoppers (one).
- Western Kentucky’s defense gives up 5.6 yards per pass attempt (22nd in the FBS). Indiana’s offense averages 5.8 yards per pass (112th in college football).
- The Hoosiers average 179.7 passing yards per game (103rd in the FBS). They face the Hilltoppers’ defense which ranks 13th, giving up 136.0 yards per game through the air.
- Indiana is 74th in the FBS in third-down percentage (38.8%) and will be facing the 129th-ranked Western Kentucky defense in that category (59.4%).
When Western Kentucky Has The Ball
- The Hilltoppers have the third-ranked offense in the FBS (47.0 points per game), and will be facing the Hoosiers’ 92nd-ranked defense (28.7 ppg).
- Indiana’s defense has three sacks (48th-fewest in the FBS). Western Kentucky has allowed zero sacks to rank first in college football.
- The Hilltoppers’ 75.5 rushing yards per game is good for 125th in the FBS. The Hoosiers’ defense gives up 113.7 on the ground (49th in college football).
- Western Kentucky averages 3.4 yards per carry (104th in college football) compared to the 3.6 per attempt Indiana allows (53rd in the FBS).
Indiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Indiana has covered once in three chances against the spread this season.
- The Hoosiers have been favored by 9.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Indiana’s games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- Just one of Indiana’s three games has gone over 62.5 points.
- This is the first game this season the Hoosiers are the moneyline favorite.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends And Insights
- The Hilltoppers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Indiana Players To Watch
- Michael Penix Jr. leads his team with 448 passing yards (149.3 per game) and has a 48.3% completion percentage (42-of-87), throwing four touchdown passes and six interceptions.
- Stephen Carr has run for a team-leading 227 yards on 62 carries (75.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Tim Baldwin Jr. has 67 yards on 23 carries (22.3 ypg).
- This season D.J. Matthews Jr. has 12 catches and leads the team with 155 yards (51.7 per game).
- Ty Fryfogle’s stat line this year shows 11 catches for 126 yards and one touchdown. He averages 42.0 receiving yards per game.
- Peyton Hendershot has 86 receiving yards on nine receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 43.0 yards per game.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- Bailey Zappe leads his team with 859 passing yards (429.5 per game) and has a 74.7% completion percentage (56-of-75), throwing 10 touchdown passes and two interceptions. He also has 31 rushing yards on 10 carries (with one touchdown), averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Kye Robichaux has picked up a team-best 44 rushing yards (44.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Adam Cofield has run for 42 yards on 13 carries (21.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- This season Jarreth Sterns has 16 receptions for a team-high 278 receiving yards (139.0 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has added 10 receptions for 151 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season Craig Burt Jr. has caught four passes for 116 yards and one touchdown, averaging 58.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from