The Indiana Hoosiers (12-6, 3-4 Big Ten) host the Michigan State Spartans (13-6, 5-3 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten rivals at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 22, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hoosiers’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Spartans ( ).
The insights in this article reference odds valid as of January 22, 2023 at 9:38 AM ET.
Indiana vs Michigan State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Indiana Offense Vs. Michigan State Defense
|Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Michigan State Defense|
|79.0 (37)||Points/Gm||65.0 (67)|
|11.4 (245)||Possessions/Game||10.9 (100)|
|50.9 (2)||Field Goal %||40.0 (29)|
|37.0 (46)||3PT %||29.4 (23)|
|56.3 (13)||Effective FG %||45.5 (23)|
|58.7 (23)||True Shooting %||52.4 (102)|
Michigan State Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Michigan State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Indiana Defense|
|69.7 (223)||Points/Gm||67.7 (136)|
|10.9 (260)||Possessions/Game||11.4 (117)|
|44.8 (167)||Field Goal %||41.0 (52)|
|38.4 (21)||3PT %||34.6 (227)|
|50.9 (192)||Effective FG %||47.5 (75)|
|57.4 (56)||True Shooting %||50.7 (45)|
Best Betting Sites For Indiana vs Michigan State
Indiana Betting Insights
- Indiana has won eight games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 10 times.
- The Hoosiers are 7-4 ATS this season when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Indiana’s games have hit the over 11 out of 18 times this season.
- In 15 games this season, the Hoosiers and their opponents have scored more than 138.5 total points.
- The average total in Indiana’s outings this year is 146.7, 8.2 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State has covered 11 times in 19 chances against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have been an underdog by 4.5 points or more four times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to go over the point total nine out of 19 times this season.
- The Spartans have played seven games this season that finished with a point total above 138.5 points.
- The average over/under for Michigan State’s outings this season is 134.7, 3.8 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Indiana Key Players
- The Hoosiers points and rebounds leader is Trayce Jackson-Davis. He scores 18.6 points per game and grabs 9.8 rebounds.
- Indiana’s assists leader is Jalen Hood-Schifino, who racks up 4.5 per game.
- The Hoosiers are led by Miller Kopp from long distance. He makes 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- Indiana’s blocks leader is Jackson-Davis, who collects 2.9 per game. Hood-Schifino leads the team averaging 1.0 steal a contest.
Michigan State Key Players
- Tyson Walker outpaced his teammates on the Spartans scoring front by putting up 14.4 points per game. He adds 2.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game this season.
- Joey Hauser (7.6 rebounds per game) and A.J Hoggard (6.5 assists per game) are the Michigan State leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Walker leads the Spartans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.8 made threes per game.
- Michigan State’s Jaden Akins has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Mady Sissoko is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.