Ayo Dosunmu leads the No. 15 Illinois Fighting Illini (7-3) into a matchup against the Purdue Boilermakers (7-4) after putting up 30 points in a 69-60 win over Indiana. The Boilermakers are underdogs in the game on Saturday, January 2, 2021, which tips off at 6:00 PM ET on BTN. The over/under is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 2, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Illinois Betting Information
- The Fighting Illini have compiled a 6-3 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini have a winning record against the spread when favored by 8.5 points or more, going 3-1 this season.
- In 77.8% of their games this season (7/9), the Fighting Illini and their opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- The Fighting Illini defeated the Hoosiers 69-60 and covered the spread as 6.5-point favorites, while going under the 148 point total in their last contest on Saturday. Dosunmu put up a team-high 30 points in the victory.
Illinois Players to Watch
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue holds a losing record ATS this season, covering three times and failing to cover five times.
- For the third time this season, the Boilermakers are at least an 8.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 1-1 against the spread.
- Three of the Boilermakers eight games (37.5%) this season have failed to go over the point total.
Purdue Players to Watch
|Eric Hunter Jr.||7||12.3||1.9||3.3||1.1||0.0||1.6|
- Illinois’ games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup total (149.5 points) in 70% of opportunities (seven out of 10 matchups).
- In 27.3% of Purdue’s games this season (3 of 11), the total points scored was greater than Saturday’s 149.5-point over/under.
- The point total for the game of 149.5 is 10.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Fighting Illini (87.3 points per game) and the Boilermakers (72.8 points per game).
- The 137.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 12.0 fewer than the 149.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Fighting Illini have seen a 157.4 over/under in their games this season, 7.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 9.3 points more than the average over/under in Boilermakers games this season (140.2 points).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/21/2020||Purdue||Purdue||-6||127||-275||215||Regular Season||79-62 ILL|
|1/5/2020||Illinois||Illinois||-1.5||131.5||-124||101||Regular Season||63-37 ILL|
|2/27/2019||N/A||Purdue||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-56 PURDUE|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from