The Illinois State Redbirds (8-12, 3-6 MVC) are at home in MVC action against the Valparaiso Beacons (8-12, 2-7 MVC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Redbirds’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Beacons ( ).
The insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Illinois State vs Valparaiso Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Illinois State Offense Vs. Valparaiso Defense
|Illinois State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Valparaiso Defense|
|66.3 (313)||Points/Gm||73.3 (283)|
|9.7 (225)||Possessions/Game||3.6 (2)|
|43.0 (264)||Field Goal %||45.1 (263)|
|33.3 (224)||3PT %||33.8 (191)|
|49.9 (242)||Effective FG %||51.1 (234)|
|54.5 (188)||True Shooting %||54.5 (162)|
Valparaiso Offense Vs. Illinois State Defense
|Valparaiso Offense||Stats (Rank)||Illinois State Defense|
|68.5 (263)||Points/Gm||68.1 (150)|
|3.6 (363)||Possessions/Game||9.7 (136)|
|43.5 (240)||Field Goal %||43.7 (187)|
|29.9 (336)||3PT %||32.6 (130)|
|48.7 (282)||Effective FG %||49.6 (169)|
|52.3 (268)||True Shooting %||53.5 (131)|
Best Betting Sites For Illinois State vs Valparaiso
Illinois State Betting Insights
- Illinois State has put together an 8-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds have been favored by 7 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- So far this season, 12 out of Illinois State’s 20 games have gone over the point total.
- The Redbirds’ 20 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 133.5 points 12 times.
- Illinois State’s matchups this year have an average total of 134.3, 0.8 more points than this game’s over/under.
Valparaiso Betting Insights
- Valparaiso has compiled a 7-12-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Beacons have covered the spread twice this season (2-6 ATS) when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Valparaiso’s games have gone over the point total 10 out of 19 times this year.
- The Beacons have combined with their opponents to score more than 133.5 points in 13 of 19 games this season.
- Valparaiso’s games this year have had a 141.8-point total on average, 8.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Illinois State Key Players
- The Redbirds points and assists leader is Darius Burford. He puts up 11.1 points per game and records 2.2 assists.
- Illinois State is led in rebounds by Kendall Lewis’ 6.6 per game.
- Malachi Poindexter makes 1.7 treys per game to lead the Redbirds.
- Illinois State’s steals leader is Lewis, who averages 1.6 per game. Liam McChesny leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
Valparaiso Key Players
- Ben Krikke holds the top Beacons spot in two categories: scoring (17.8 points per game) and rebounding (5.8 rebounds per game).
- Nick Edwards puts in work giving out assists and is Valparaiso’s assist leader with 4.8 per game.
- Quinton Green is tops from three-point range for the Beacons, hitting 2.2 treys per game.
- Edwards tops Valparaiso in steals with 1.4 per game, and Krikke leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.