The Illinois Fighting Illini (12-5, 3-3 Big Ten) hope to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-8, 1-4 Big Ten) at 6:00 PM ET on Monday, January 16, 2023 at Williams Arena. The matchup airs on Big Ten Network. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Fighting Illini’s (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Golden Gophers ( ).
The insights in the article below use the latest odds as of January 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Illinois vs Minnesota Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Illinois Offense Vs. Minnesota Defense
|Illinois Offense||Stats (Rank)||Minnesota Defense|
|76.8 (71)||Points/Gm||67.5 (131)|
|13.3 (45)||Possessions/Game||12.6 (297)|
|46.0 (104)||Field Goal %||42.0 (106)|
|33.2 (232)||3PT %||34.5 (234)|
|53.5 (73)||Effective FG %||47.7 (100)|
|56.3 (121)||True Shooting %||51.6 (69)|
Minnesota Offense Vs. Illinois Defense
|Minnesota Offense||Stats (Rank)||Illinois Defense|
|64.7 (339)||Points/Gm||63.9 (48)|
|12.6 (63)||Possessions/Game||13.3 (319)|
|43.6 (229)||Field Goal %||39.2 (19)|
|33.3 (223)||3PT %||31.4 (82)|
|50.0 (234)||Effective FG %||44.2 (14)|
|52.1 (289)||True Shooting %||48.7 (16)|
Best Betting Sites For Illinois vs Minnesota
Illinois Betting Insights
- Illinois has covered 10 times in 17 chances against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini are 5-3 ATS this season when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Illinois and its opponents have combined to go over the point total eight out of 17 times this season.
- In 10 of 17 games this season, the Fighting Illini and their opponents have gone over 136.5 points.
- The average point total in Illinois’ games this year is 140.6, 4.1 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Minnesota has put together a 7-8-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Golden Gophers have an ATS record of 4-0 when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs this season.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total four out of 15 times this year.
- The Golden Gophers have played four games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 136.5 points.
- The average total for Minnesota’s games this season is 132.1 points, 4.4 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Illinois Key Players
- The Fighting Illini rebounds and assists leader is Coleman Hawkins. He averages 6.2 rebounds and contributes 3.5 assists per game.
- Illinois is led in scoring by Terrence Shannon Jr.’s 18.0 points per game.
- Shannon is the top three-point shooter for the Fighting Illini, knocking down 1.8 per game.
- Illinois’ blocks leader is Dain Dainja, who averages 1.5 per game. Shannon leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
Minnesota Key Players
- Dawson Garcia leads the team in both scoring (15.5 points per game) and rebounding (6.7 rebounds per game).
- The Minnesota leader in assists is Ta’lon Cooper with 6.3 assists per game.
- Jamison Battle makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Gophers, averaging 2.5 treys per game.
- Cooper is tops on Minnesota in both steals (1.1) and blocks (1.1) per game.