The Hurricanes areon the moneyline to win, while the Capitals have odds to claim victory when the teams meet on Friday. This contest has a total of .
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of March 18, 2022 at 6:12 PM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Hurricanes Vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Hurricanes Vs. Capitals Player Props
Injury Report as of March 18
Hurricanes: Tony DeAngelo: Out (Upper Body), Jordan Martinook: Questionable (Undisclosed), Seth Jarvis: Questionable (Undisclosed)
Capitals: Lars Eller: Out (Illness), T.J. Oshie: Questionable (Lower Body), Carl Hagelin: Out (Face), Joe Snively: Out (Wrist)
|Hurricanes Offense||Stats (Rank)||Capitals Defense|
|3.32 (9)||Goals/Game||2.79 (9)|
|33.6 (9)||Shots/Game||29.4 (6)|
|9.9% (12)||Shooting %||9.5% (12)|
|10 (28)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||6.2 (21)|
|Capitals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hurricanes Defense|
|3.31 (10)||Goals/Game||2.37 (1)|
|31.2 (15)||Shots/Game||28.8 (2)|
|10.6% (9)||Shooting %||8.2% (2)|
|7 (7)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||7.7 (7)|
Hurricanes And Capitals Betting Trends
- The Hurricanes have won 72.3% of their games this season when favored on the moneyline (34-13).
- Carolina has a record of 21-7 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -160 or shorter (75.0% win percentage).
- The Hurricanes have a 61.5% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- This season the Capitals have won nine of the 18 games, or 50.0%, in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Washington has played as an underdog of +140 or more one time this season and lost.
- The moneyline in this outing implies a 41.7% chance of victory for the Capitals.
Head to Head
Washington secured a 4-0 win in the most recent meeting between these squads. Antti Raanta made zero saves for the Hurricanes.
- Sebastian Aho is one of Carolina’s leading contributors this season with 60 points. He has averaged 0.5 goals per game, shooting 16.4%.
- Andrei Svechnikov has 23 goals and 30 assists for Carolina to compile 53 total points (0.9 per game).
- Through 55 games, Teuvo Teravainen has proven himself as a contributor for Carolina. He has 46 points (16 goals and 30 assists).
- Frederik Andersen (27-8-1) has a 2.1 goals against average and a save percentage of .928 for Carolina.
- Alex Ovechkin’s 38 goals and 37 assists in 60 games for Washington add up to 75 total points on the season.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov is one of the impact players on offense for Washington with 60 total points (1.0 per game), with 20 goals and 40 assists in 59 games.
- Washington’s John Carlson is among the top offensive players on the team with 50 total points (10 goals and 40 assists).
- Vitek Vanecek has a .919 save percentage (11th in the league), with 761 total saves, conceding 67 goals (2.4 goals against average). He has put together a 14-7-1 record this season.