Bookmakers give the Carolina Hurricanesodds to pick up a win in Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round and list the Boston Bruins at on the moneyline for this Tuesday matchup. The total for this contest is set at .
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of May 10, 2022 at 6:12 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Hurricanes Vs. Bruins Betting Odds
Hurricanes Vs. Bruins Player Props
Injury Report as of May 10
Hurricanes: Jordan Martinook: Questionable (Lower Body), Frederik Andersen: Out (Knee)
Bruins: Jakub Zboril: Out (Knee), Hampus Lindholm: Out (Concussion), Charlie McAvoy: Questionable (Illness), Jesper Froden: Out (Lower Body)
|Hurricanes Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bruins Defense|
|3.38 (9)||Goals/Game||2.66 (4)|
|34 (9)||Shots/Game||28.6 (3)|
|9.9% (13)||Shooting %||9.3% (9)|
|9.8 (26)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||6.4 (23)|
|Bruins Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hurricanes Defense|
|3.09 (15)||Goals/Game||2.45 (1)|
|36.1 (2)||Shots/Game||28.1 (1)|
|8.6% (30)||Shooting %||8.7% (2)|
|7.9 (14)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||8.2 (4)|
Hurricanes And Bruins Betting Trends
- The Hurricanes have compiled a 48-20 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- Carolina has gone 35-16 in games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -140 or shorter (68.6% win percentage).
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Hurricanes a 58.3% chance to win.
- The Bruins have won eight, or 40.0%, of the 20 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- This season Boston has won three of its six games when it’s the underdog by at least +120 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 45.5% chance of victory for the Bruins.
Head to Head
In the most recent meeting between these teams, Boston secured a 5-2 victory. Jordan Staal (one goal and one assist) and Brett Pesce (one goal) paced the Hurricanes. Brad Marchand led the Bruins with two goals and three assists.
- One of Carolina’s top offensive options this season is Sebastian Aho, who has put up 80 points in 79 games.
- Having scored 30 goals and adding 39 assists, Andrei Svechnikov is a strong contributor for Carolina through 78 games.
- On 202 shots (for 22 goals) and 42 assists, Teuvo Teravainen has contributed 64 points this season.
- In 52 games played this season, Frederik Andersen (31-11-1) has given up 111 goals.
- Marchand’s 32 goals and 47 assists in 70 games for Boston add up to 79 total points on the season.
- David Pastrnak has posted 77 total points (1.1 per game) this campaign. He has 40 goals and 37 assists.
- Patrice Bergeron’s 25 goals and 39 assists add up to 64 points this season.
- Jeremy Swayman is 20-10-1 in 41 games this season, conceding 96 goals (2.4 goals against average) with 1014 saves and a .914 save percentage (23rd in the league).