The Morgan State Bears (10-8, 3-0 MEAC) will attempt to extend a six-game win streak when they hit the road to play the Howard Bison (10-10, 2-1 MEAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Burr Gymnasium. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bison’s (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Bears ( ).
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
Howard vs Morgan State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Howard Offense Vs. Morgan State Defense
|Howard Offense||Stats (Rank)||Morgan State Defense|
|71.9 (173)||Points/Gm||71.2 (238)|
|9.8 (226)||Possessions/Game||16.0 (334)|
|44.7 (170)||Field Goal %||43.5 (180)|
|34.9 (138)||3PT %||31.1 (71)|
|51.1 (180)||Effective FG %||49.1 (150)|
|55.2 (151)||True Shooting %||59.0 (302)|
Morgan State Offense Vs. Howard Defense
|Morgan State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Howard Defense|
|80.6 (27)||Points/Gm||73.7 (294)|
|16.0 (31)||Possessions/Game||9.8 (137)|
|47.5 (43)||Field Goal %||46.8 (321)|
|38.5 (19)||3PT %||36.4 (303)|
|53.2 (82)||Effective FG %||54.0 (327)|
|56.0 (115)||True Shooting %||62.0 (341)|
Best Betting Sites For Howard vs Morgan State
Howard Betting Insights
- Howard has put together an 8-9-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Bison have won their only game this season when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, eight out of Howard’s 17 games have gone over the point total.
- The Bison’s 17 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 147.5 points nine times.
- The average total in Howard’s games this season is 145.6, 1.9 points fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Morgan State Betting Insights
- Morgan State has covered eight times in 14 games with a spread this season.
- When playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs this year, the Bears have an ATS record of 6-2.
- Morgan State’s games have gone over the point total eight out of 14 times this season.
- Bears games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 147.5 points in eight of 14 outings.
- The average over/under for Morgan State’s outings this season is 151.8, 4.3 more points than this game’s total.
Howard Key Players
- Elijah Hawkins leads the Bison in scoring (13.3 points per game) and assists (4.9 assists per game).
- Howard’s rebounding leader is William Settle, who pulls down 5.9 per game.
- Jordan Wood knocks down 1.9 treys per game to lead the Bison.
- Hawkins leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Settle collects 0.7 blocks a game to pace Howard.
Morgan State Key Players
- Malik Miller averages 10.2 rebounds per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 18.4 points per game, putting him in the top spot on the Bears in both rebounds and assists.
- Isaiah Burke has outperformed his Morgan State teammates in scoring, putting up 20.0 points per game to go with 2.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists.
- Burke makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bears, averaging 3.4 treys per game.
- Khalil Turner tops Morgan State in steals with 2.2 per game, and Collin Nnamene leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.