The No. 1 Houston Cougars (17-1, 5-0 AAC) bring an eight-game winning streak into a road matchup with the Tulane Green Wave (12-5, 5-1 AAC), who have won five straight. The contest tips at 7:00 PM ET (on ESPN+) on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cougars’ (to win on the moneyline) game against the Green Wave ( ).
The betting facts in the following article use the latest odds as of January 17, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Houston vs Tulane Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Houston Offense Vs. Tulane Defense
|Houston Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulane Defense|
|75.9 (94)||Points/Gm||73.8 (297)|
|10.6 (150)||Possessions/Game||8.8 (161)|
|46.7 (70)||Field Goal %||42.4 (125)|
|34.8 (134)||3PT %||35.1 (261)|
|52.9 (92)||Effective FG %||49.6 (176)|
|55.7 (128)||True Shooting %||52.6 (109)|
Tulane Offense Vs. Houston Defense
|Tulane Offense||Stats (Rank)||Houston Defense|
|81.9 (19)||Points/Gm||52.9 (1)|
|8.8 (199)||Possessions/Game||10.6 (210)|
|46.9 (65)||Field Goal %||34.3 (2)|
|34.0 (184)||3PT %||25.0 (2)|
|53.3 (79)||Effective FG %||40.0 (2)|
|58.8 (22)||True Shooting %||44.2 (3)|
Best Betting Sites For Houston vs Tulane
Houston Betting Insights
- Houston is 12-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Cougars are 9-4 ATS this season when playing as at least 11-point favorites.
- A total of eight out of Houston’s 18 games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Cougars and their opponents have scored a combined total of more than 146 points twice this season (over 18 games).
- Houston has an average point total of 128.8 in its matchups this year, 17.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Tulane Betting Insights
- Tulane has won seven games against the spread this year, while failing to cover 10 times.
- Tulane’s games have gone over the point total 10 out of 17 times this season.
- The Green Wave have played 12 games this season that ended with a combined score higher than 146 points.
- The average total for Tulane’s games this season has been 155.7, 9.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Houston Key Players
- Marcus Sasser leads the Cougars scoring 16.6 points per game.
- Jamal Shead leads Houston with 5.1 assists per game and J’wan Roberts paces the squad with 7.1 rebounds per matchup.
- Sasser is the top three-point shooter for the Cougars, hitting 2.5 per game.
- Sasser leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Ja’Vier Francis collects 1.9 blocks an outing to pace Houston.
Tulane Key Players
- Kevin Cross is number one on the Green Wave leaderboard in both rebounds (6.2 per game) and assists (4.0 per game).
- Jaylen Forbes scores 19.2 points per game to pace Tulane.
- Forbes makes more threes per game than any other member of the Green Wave, averaging 2.8 treys per game.
- Forbes tops Tulane in steals with 2.2 per game, and Tylan Pope leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.