The Charlotte Hornets (0-1) take on the Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) as only 3-point favorites on Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The point total is 219 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Hornets vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 26
Hornets: Grant Riller: Out (Knee), Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Thunder: Ty Jerome: Out (Left ankle), Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Hornets and Thunder Records ATS
- Charlotte went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 32-30-2.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Hornets were 0-0-1 against the spread in 2019-20.
- Only 30 of 64 Charlotte games last season (46.9%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Oklahoma City routinely covered the spread last season with a record of 46-31-1.
- The Thunder only held a 9-15-1 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 3-point underdog.
- Oklahoma City and its opponents regularly were held under last season, only hitting the over in 46.2% (36) of their 78 games played.
Head to Head
The Thunder got a team-high 27 points out of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander on the way to a 104-102 win against Terry Rozier (26 points) and the Hornets in their last matchup on Friday. The Hornets were 1-point favorites in the game, but the Thunder covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 206 total points to finish under the 208-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/27/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-1||208||-113||-107||Regular Season||104-102 OKC|
|11/23/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-104 OKC|
|11/1/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-107 OKC|
|1/13/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-91 OKC|
|12/11/2017||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-103 CHA|
|4/2/2017||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-101 CHA|
|1/4/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-112 CHA|
|1/20/2016||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-95 OKC|
|1/2/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-90 OKC|
|2/21/2015||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-103 OKC|
- In Charlotte’s matchups last season, the Hornets and their opponents went over Saturday’s point total of 219 points 27 times (41.5% of opportunities).
- In 50.6% of Oklahoma City’s games last season (40 of 79), the total points scored was higher than Saturday’s 219-point over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Hornets games last season was 6.5 points fewer than the over/under of 219 points in this contest.
- Thunder’s games have an over/under of 218.5 points last season, 0.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
- The average implied total for the Hornets last season was 111.4 points, 0.4 more points than their implied total of 111 points in Saturday’s game.
- Last season, Charlotte outscored its implied point total for this matchup (111) 13 times.
- The 112-point average implied total last season for the Thunder is four more points than the team’s 108-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oklahoma City scored more than 108 points in 49 games last season.
- Last season, the Hornets were the league’s lowest-scoring team (102.9 PPG), while the Thunder allowed the seventh-fewest points per game (108.6) in NBA action.
- The Hornets had a negative point differential last season (-439 total points, -6.7 per game), while the Thunder scored 98 more points than their opponents (1.2 per game).
- Devonte’ Graham scored 18.2 points per game last season and dished out 7.5 assists.
- Cody Zeller grabed 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Rozier averaged 1.0 steal per game. Bismack Biyombo collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
- Al Horford did a little bit of everything last season, averaging 6.8 rebounds per game and 4.0 assists per game.
- Gilgeous-Alexander averaged 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza averaged 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from