The Charlotte Hornets (5-5) will look to build on a three-game win streak when they host the New York Knicks (5-5) on Monday, January 11, 2021 at Spectrum Center as favorites. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 11, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Knicks Betting Odds
Hornets vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 11
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Taj Gibson: Out (Not With Team),
Alec Burks: Out (Ankle),
Obi Toppin: Out (Calf)
Hornets and Knicks Records ATS
- Charlotte’s against the spread record this season is an even 5-5.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Hornets are 0-1 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Only 3 of 10 Charlotte games this season (30%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- So far this season, New York holds an even 5-5 record ATS.
- New York and its opponents have often been held under this season, only hitting the over in 20% (2) of their 10 games played.
Head to Head
The Hornets took down the Knicks 107-101 in the last meeting between the teams. Terry Rozier scored 26 points to lead the Hornets, and Julius Randle scored 18 points for the Knicks. The Hornets covered the spread as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 208 total points to finish over on the 207.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Knicks||Hornets||-1.5||207.5||-121||102||Regular Season||107-101 CHA*|
|1/28/2020||Hornets||Hornets||-1||207.5||-114||-106||Regular Season||97-92 CHA*|
|11/16/2019||Knicks||Knicks||-3.5||213.5||-163||134||Regular Season||103-102 CHA*|
|1/28/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-92 CHA|
|12/14/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-124 NY|
|12/9/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-107 CHA|
|3/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||137-128 CHA|
|3/17/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-101 NY|
|12/18/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-91 CHA|
|11/7/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-113 NY|
- 2/26/2020 DNP – Hornets: Cody Zeller
- 1/28/2020 DNP – Knicks: RJ Barrett
- 11/16/2019 DNP – Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- In Charlotte’s matchups this season, the Hornets and their opponents have exceeded Monday’s over/under of 210 points 37 times (370% of opportunities).
- Four New York games this year (40% of its matchups) ended with a final score higher than Monday’s over/under of 210 points.
- This season, the average total for Hornets games is 217.9 points, 7.9 more than the over/under of 210 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.6 points separates this contest’s over/under (210 points) and the average total points bet in Knicks’ games (206.4 points) this season.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total this season is eight more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (115 implied points on average compared to 107 implied points in this game).
- This season, Charlotte has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (107) 26 times.
- The Knicks’ average implied point total on the season (112 points) is nine points higher than their implied total in this matchup (103 points).
- This season, New York has scored more than this game’s implied total of 103 points five times.
- The Hornets are the NBA’s 24th-highest scoring team (108.4 PPG), while the Knicks allow their opponents the third-fewest points per game (105.1) in the league.
- The Hornets have a negative point differential on the season (-11 total points, -1.1 per game), as do the Knicks (-38 total points, -3.8 per game).
- Gordon Hayward leads the Hornets scoring 21.4 points per game.
- Hayward’s points prop total for the contest is set at 19.5, 1.9 points lower than his season average of 21.4.
- Bismack Biyombo paces Charlotte with 7.1 rebounds per game and Devonte’ Graham leads the team with 6.5 assists per matchup.
- Graham’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 5.8 higher than his season average of 20.7.
- The Hornets are led by Rozier from long distance. He knocks down 3.5 shots from deep per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 3.5.
- Charlotte’s blocks leader is P.J. Washington, who collects 1.5 per game. Hayward leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a contest.
- Hayward’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
- Randle leads the Knicks in all things points, rebounds and assists, scoring 23.2 points, 11.8 grabbing rebounds and serving up 7.1 assists per game.
- Randle’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 2.3 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.8.
- Austin Rivers is tops from three-point range for the Knicks, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot lower than his season average of 2.5.
- One New York player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Mitchell Robinson averages 1.6 steals per game and 1.9 blocks per game.
- Robinson’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from