The Memphis Grizzlies (1-3) are underdogs against the Charlotte Hornets (2-2) at Spectrum Center on Friday, January 1, 2021. The game begins at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup’s point total is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 1, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Hornets vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 1
Hornets: Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Grizzlies: Xavier Tillman: Day To Day (Patellar Tendinitis), Jontay Porter: Day To Day (Knee), Justise Winslow: Out (Hip), Grayson Allen: Day To Day (Ankle), Ja Morant: Out (Ankle), Jaren Jackson Jr.: Day To Day (Knee), De’Anthony Melton: Out (Health protocols), Killian Tillie: Day To Day (Hamstring)
Hornets and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Charlotte went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 32-30-2.
- The Hornets were an even 0-0-1 against the spread last season when they were at least a 4-point favorite.
- Charlotte and its opponents went over the set total in only 30 of 64 games last season (46.9%).
- Memphis regularly covered the spread last season with a record of 37-36-1.
- When playing as at least a 4-point underdog last season, the Grizzlies tended to outperformed with a 4-2 record against the spread.
- 47.3% of Memphis’ 74 games last season topped the over/under.
Head to Head
The Grizzlies defeated the Hornets 117-104 in the last meeting between the teams on Sunday. Malik Monk scored 18 points to lead the Hornets, and Dillon Brooks scored 20 points for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies covered the spread as 3-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 221 total points to cover the 220-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/29/2019||Grizzlies||Grizzlies||-3||220||-144||123||Regular Season||117-104 MEM|
|11/13/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||220.5||-137||115||Regular Season||119-117 MEM|
|2/1/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 CHA|
|1/23/2019||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 CHA|
|3/22/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||140-79 CHA|
|10/30/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-99 CHA|
|11/28/2016||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-85 CHA|
|11/21/2016||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-90 MEM|
|12/26/2015||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-92 CHA|
|12/11/2015||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-99 CHA|
- Charlotte’s games last season went over the point total for Friday’s matchup over/under (218.5 points) in 41.5% of opportunities (27 out of 65 matchups).
- In 49 out of Memphis’ 74 games last year (66.2%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Friday’s matchup.
- The Hornets saw a 212.5 average over/under in their games last season, 6.0 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Grizzlies’ games last season (226.6 points).
- The Hornets had an average implied point total of 111.4 last season, which is 0.4 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (111).
- Charlotte scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (111) 13 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Grizzlies (116.1) is 9.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (107).
- Memphis scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 52 times last season.
- Last season, the Hornets were at the bottom of the NBA’s scoring charts (102.9 PPG), while the Grizzlies allowed the 21st-fewest points per game (113.9) in the league.
- The Hornets were out-scored by 439 points last season (6.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Grizzlies have out-scored them by 82 more points on the year (1.1 per game).
- Devonte’ Graham put up 18.2 points per game last season while tacking on 7.5 assists.
- Cody Zeller pulled down 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Terry Rozier nicked 1.0 steal per game. Bismack Biyombo collected 0.9 blocks a contest.
- Ja Morant scored 17.8 points per game and averaged 7.3 assists per outing last season.
- Jonas Valanciunas pulled down 11.3 rebounds per game.
- De’Anthony Melton averaged 1.3 steals per game. Jaren Jackson Jr. collected 1.6 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from