The Charlotte Hornets (0-0) play the Cleveland Cavaliers (0-0) as favorites on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 7:00 PM ET on FS-OH.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Hornets and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Charlotte went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 32-30-2.
- In 46.9% of its games last season (30/64), Charlotte and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Cleveland had a 30-33-2 record ATS last season.
- Cleveland and its opponents typically covered the over/under last season, doing so in 55.4% (36) of its 65 games played.
Head to Head
Terry Rozier (30 points) led the Hornets over Collin Sexton (21 points) and the Cavaliers 109-106 in their most recent matchup on Thursday. The Cavaliers were favored by 1.5 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread. The 215 total points in the matchup went over the 212.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2020||Cavaliers||Cavaliers||-1.5||212.5||-125||105||Regular Season||109-106 CHA|
|12/18/2019||Cavaliers||Cavaliers||-3||212||-146||122||Regular Season||100-98 CLE*|
|4/9/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-97 CHA|
|12/19/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-99 CHA|
|11/13/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-89 CLE|
|11/3/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-94 CHA|
|3/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-105 CLE|
|11/24/2017||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-99 CLE|
|11/15/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-107 CLE|
|3/24/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-105 CLE|
- 12/18/2019 DNP – Hornets: P.J. Washington
- Last season, the Hornets were the NBA’s lowest-scoring team (102.9 PPG), while the Cavaliers allowed their opponents the 22nd-fewest points per game (114.8) in the league.
- The Hornets had a -439-point scoring differential last season (-6.7 per game). The Cavaliers were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-513 total points, -7.9 per game).
- Devonte’ Graham put up 18.2 points per game last season while adding 7.5 assists.
- Cody Zeller grabed 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Rozier collected 1.0 per game. Bismack Biyombo averaged 0.9 blocks a game.
- Sexton averaged 20.8 points per game last season.
- Andre Drummond collected 15.8 rebounds per game and Darius Garland dished out 3.9 assists per contest.
- Drummond recorded 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from