The Oklahoma City Thunder (20-30) will attempt to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (25-24) on Wednesday, April 7 at Chesapeake Energy Arena as underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSOK. The point total is set at in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Hornets vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 7
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Luguentz Dort: Day To Day (Concussion Protocol),
Isaiah Roby: Out (Concussion),
Josh Hall: Out (Concussion-like symptoms),
Mike Muscala: Out (Ankle),
Darius Bazley: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Day To Day (Foot)
Hornets and Thunder Records ATS
- Charlotte has a 26-22 record ATS this year.
- The Hornets have a winning record against the spread when favored by 5 points or more, going 1-0 this season.
- Charlotte and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 45.8% of its games this season (22/48).
- Oklahoma City has a 25-24-1 record ATS this season.
- Oklahoma City and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 46% (23) of their 50 games played.
Head to Head
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (24 points) led the Thunder over Terry Rozier (19 points) and the Hornets 109-107 in their most recent matchup on December 26, 2020. The Hornets were favored by 3 points in the game, but the Thunder covered the spread. The 216 total points in the matchup fell short of the 219-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/26/2020||Hornets||Hornets||-3||219||-148||122||Regular Season||109-107 OKC|
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over on Wednesday’s 214 total in 34 out of 49 games (69.4%) this season.
- 34 Oklahoma City games this year (68% of its matchups) ended with a final score higher than Wednesday’s point total of 214 points.
- This season, the average total for Hornets games is 222.6 points, 8.6 more than the over/under of 214 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.3 points separates the average total points bet in Thunder’s games (219.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (214 points).
- The average implied total for the Hornets this season is 115 points, five more points than their implied total of 110 points in Wednesday’s game.
- So far this season, Charlotte has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 28 times.
- The Thunder’s average implied point total on the season (113.8 points) is 8.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (105 points).
- Oklahoma City has put up more than 105 points in 27 games on the season.
- The Hornets are at the 20th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (110.7 PPG), while the Thunder allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (113.5) in the league.
- The Hornets have been out-scored by 56 points this season (1.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Thunder have out-scored them by 386 more points on the year (7.7 per game).
- Rozier leads the Hornets scoring 20.4 points per game.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 5.1 points higher than his season average of 20.4.
- Charlotte is led in rebounding by Cody Zeller’s 6.9 rebounds per game and assisting by LaMelo Ball’s 6.1 assists per game .
- Zeller’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 17.5, 0.5 lower than his season average of 18.0.
- Rozier is the top three-point shooter for the Hornets, connecting on 3.3 per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 4.5, 1.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Charlotte’s steals leader is Ball, who averages 1.6 per game. P.J. Washington leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Gilgeous-Alexander takes the top spot on the Thunder scoring and assist lists, putting up 23.7 points and 5.9 assists per game.
- Gilgeous-Alexander’s PRA prop over/under for the game is listed at 31.5, 2.8 lower than his season average of 34.3.
- Moses Brown’s 8.2 rebounds per game paces Oklahoma City’s rebounding effort. He also adds 8.6 points per game.
- Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 31.5, 14.5 higher than his season average of 17.0.
- Ty Jerome makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thunder, cashing in 2.0 treys per game.
- Jerome’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.5 shots greater than his season average of 2.0.
- Oklahoma City’s Theo Maledon has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 0.9 per game and Brown is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Maledon’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.6 steals greater than his season average of 0.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from