The Charlotte Hornets (21-21) are favored by against the Houston Rockets (12-30) on Wednesday, March 24 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on SportsNet SW. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of March 24, 2021, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Hornets vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 24
Cody Zeller: Day To Day (Shoulder),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
David Nwaba: Day To Day (Wrist),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Day To Day (Quad),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin)
Hornets and Rockets Records ATS
- Charlotte has a 22-19-1 record ATS this year.
- The Hornets have an even record against the spread when favored by at least 3.5 points, going 2-2 this season.
- Charlotte and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 52.4% of its games this season (22/42).
- Houston has a 13-29 record against the spread this season.
- When playing as at least a 3.5-point underdog, the Rockets frequently have trouble covering with only a 3-5 record against the spread.
- Houston and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 38.1% (16) of their 42 games played.
Head to Head
The Hornets defeated the Rockets 119-94 in the last meeting between the teams on February 8, 2021. Victor Oladipo scored 21 points to pace the Rockets, and LaMelo Ball scored 24 points for the Hornets. The Hornets covered the spread as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 220-point over/under after combining to score 213.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2021||Rockets||Hornets||-1.5||220||-122||103||Regular Season||119-94 CHA|
- Charlotte’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup over/under (225 points) in 21 out of 42 opportunities (50% of matchups).
- 16 Houston games this year (38.1% of its matchups) ended with a final point total higher than Wednesday’s point total of 225 points.
- This season the average total for Hornets games is 224.8 points, 0.2 fewer than the over/under of 225 points for this contest.
- Rockets’ games have an over/under of 220.5 points this season, 4.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total this season is 1.6 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (115.6 implied points on average compared to 114 implied points in this game).
- Charlotte has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (114) 16 times this season.
- The 114.6-point average implied total on the season for the Rockets is 3.6 more points than the team’s 111-point implied total in this matchup.
- Houston has scored more than 111 points in 15 games this season.
- The Hornets are at the 19th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.7 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 23rd-fewest points per game (113.4) in the league.
- The Hornets have a -57-point scoring differential on the season (-1.4 per game). The Rockets have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-264 total points, -6.3 per game).
- Gordon Hayward leads the Hornets in scoring, averaging 20.4 points per game.
- Ball leads Charlotte with 6.1 assists per game and Cody Zeller paces the team with 7.1 rebounds per contest.
- Terry Rozier makes 3.3 threes per game to lead the Hornets.
- Charlotte’s blocks leader is P.J. Washington, who averages 1.3 per game. Ball leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a game.
- Christian Wood leads the team in both scoring (21.9 points per game) and rebounding (9.8 rebounds per game).
- The Houston leader in assists is John Wall with 6.3 assists per game.
- Eric Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Oladipo (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.5 per game).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from