The Charlotte Hornets (31-33) visit the Detroit Pistons (19-46) after losing four home road in a row. The Hornets are favored by in the matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, May 4. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 4, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Pistons Betting Odds
Hornets vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 4
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Cody Martin: Out (Ankle),
Devonte’ Graham: Out (Knee)
Mason Plumlee: Out (Rest),
Wayne Ellington: Out (Calf),
Cory Joseph: Out (Ankle),
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Personal),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Out (Knee)
Hornets and Pistons Records ATS
- Charlotte has a 32-31 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Hornets are 1-0 against the spread this season.
- Charlotte and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 44.4% of its games this season (28/63).
- Detroit has a 32-29-2 record ATS this season.
- 46% of Detroit’s 63 games this season have topped the over/under.
Head to Head
Terry Rozier scored a team-high 29 points to lead the Hornets over Frank Jackson (25 points) and the Pistons 107-94 in their most recent matchup on May 1, 2021. The Hornets were favored by 8 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 201 total points to go under the 217-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|5/1/2021||Hornets||Hornets||-8||217||-339||271||Regular Season||107-94 CHA|
|3/11/2021||Hornets||Hornets||-4.5||225.5||-179||147||Regular Season||105-102 CHA|
- Charlotte’s games this season have gone over the point total for Tuesday’s matchup over/under (215.5 points) in 60.9% of opportunities (39 out of 64 matchups).
- In 52.3% of Detroit’s games this season (34 of 65), the total points scored was more than Tuesday’s 215.5-point over/under.
- On average, the Hornets have seen a 221 over/under in their games this season, 5.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 2.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Pistons’ games this season (218.4 points).
- The Hornets’ average implied point total this season is 2.7 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (113.7 implied points on average compared to 111 implied points in this game).
- Charlotte has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (111) 30 times this season.
- The 112.1-point average implied total on the season for the Pistons is 7.1 more points than the team’s 105-point implied total in this matchup.
- Detroit has put up more than 105 points in 39 games on the season.
- The Hornets are the league’s 22nd-highest scoring team (109.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 12th-fewest points per game (111.2) in NBA action.
- The Hornets have a -87-point scoring differential on the season (-1.4 per game). The Pistons have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-262 total points, -4 per game).
- Rozier leads the Hornets in scoring, averaging 20.3 points per game.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 1.8 points lower than his season average of 20.3.
- LaMelo Ball leads Charlotte with 6.1 assists a game and Cody Zeller paces the squad with 6.7 rebounds per matchup.
- Zeller’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 13.5, 4.0 lower than his season average of 17.5.
- Rozier hits 3.3 threes per game to lead the Hornets.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 3.3.
- Charlotte’s blocks leader is P.J. Washington, who records 1.3 per game. Ball leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a contest.
- Washington’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 22.5 points per game. He adds 4.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game this season.
- Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 3.5 greater than his season average of 30.0.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.3 rebounds per game) and Killian Hayes (5.0 assists per game).
- Hayes’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 7.4 higher than his season average of 13.1.
- Wayne Ellington is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Hayes (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Isaiah Stewart (1.2 per game).
- Stewart’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from