The Charlotte Hornets (27-22) take the court against the Los Angeles Lakers (24-25) on January 28, 2022. The Hornets () meet the Lakers ( on the moneyline) on Friday at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
This article references betting data updated as of January 28, 2022 at 12:10 PM ET. Browse all the latest odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Hornets vs Lakers Betting Odds
Hornets Vs. Lakers Player Props
Injury Report as of January 28
Gordon Hayward: Out (Health Protocols),
Kelly Oubre Jr.: Day To Day (Ankle)
Sekou Doumbouya: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Knee),
Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
|Hornets Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lakers Defense|
|114.9 (1)||Points/Gm||112.2 (26)|
|27.3 (4)||Possessions/Game||18.9 (10)|
|46.4 (10)||Field Goal %||45.2 (13)|
|37.1 (4)||3PT %||34.5 (12)|
|54 (5)||Effective FG %||52.3 (14)|
|56.7 (11)||True Shooting %||55.6 (14)|
|Lakers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hornets Defense|
|110.7 (10)||Points/Gm||114.6 (28)|
|18.9 (20)||Possessions/Game||27.3 (27)|
|46.4 (10)||Field Goal %||46.4 (22)|
|34.6 (17)||3PT %||35.7 (23)|
|53.1 (12)||Effective FG %||54.3 (27)|
|56.1 (15)||True Shooting %||57.5 (26)|
Hornets and Lakers Betting Records
- Charlotte has compiled a 30-19-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Hornets have covered the spread three times this season (3-2 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, 25 out of Charlotte’s 49 games have hit the over.
- Los Angeles is 20-28-1 ATS this season.
- The Lakers have an ATS record of 3-1 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs this year.
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over 27 out of 49 times this season.
Head to Head
Anthony Davis scored a team-high 32 points to help lead the Lakers over Terry Rozier (29 points) and the Hornets in their last matchup on November 8, 2021. The Lakers were favored by 2.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 249 total points to cover the 225.5-point over/under.
- 11/8/2021 DNP – Lakers: LeBron James
- LaMelo Ball leads the Hornets in assists and rebounds. He puts up 7.8 assists and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Miles Bridges paces Charlotte with 20.1 points per game.
- The Hornets are led by Rozier from long distance. He connects on three shots from deep per game.
- Charlotte’s steals leader is Ball, who grabs 1.5 per game. Bridges leads the team averaging 0.9 blocks a contest.
- Russell Westbrook is number one on the Lakers leaderboard in both rebounds (7.9 per game) and assists (7.6 per game).
- LeBron James scores 29.1 points per game to pace Los Angeles.
- James leads the Lakers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- James is tops on Los Angeles in both steals (1.6) and blocks (1.1) per game.