Hideki Matsuyama (odds to win) enters the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) looking for a better finish this year after he missed the cut in his last appearance in this tournament in 2019. The event tees off July 13-16 from Saint Andrews, United Kingdom. Collin Morikawa is the defending champion of the event, a title the field of 156 golfers will hope to claim this weekend.
The betting trends in the article below reference odds valid as of July 13, 2022 at 9:34 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Hideki Matsuyama odds for The Open Championship
Matsuyama’s recent form
- Matsuyama has finished in the top five twice over his last five appearances.
- He’s qualified for the weekend in three of his last five tournaments.
- Over his last five tournaments, Matsuyama has finished within three shots of the leader twice and carded a score that’s better than average twice.
- In his last five events, his average score has been -6.
UP TO $1,050 FREE
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
$50 Free On Deposit
Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
To Claim: Click Play Now
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Matsuyama at The Open Championship
- In Matsuyama’s last three appearances at this tournament, he has finished in the top 20 once. His average finish at the event is 14th.
- In his last three attempts at this tournament, he’s made the cut once.
- Matsuyama finished below the cut line and did not qualify for the weekend in his most recent trip to this event in 2019.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- The par 72 measures 7,297 yards for this week, which is 33 yards longer than the average Tour stop over the past 12 months.
- Golfers at St Andrews Links (Old Course) have averaged a score of -6 per tournament, lower than the Tour-wide scoring average of -5 over the past year.
- The courses Matsuyama has played over the past year have an average distance of 7,304 yards, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) will play at 7,297 yards this week.
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -5. That’s higher than this course’s recent scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Hideki Matsuyama 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||MC||73-74||–||–||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||4||70-70-72-65 (-3)||13.6||-2.52||$859,032|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||MC||N/A||–||–||$0|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||60||72-72-72-73 (+9)||6.056||-2.724||$26,125|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||3||67-66-69-62 (-24)||18.224||-5.404||$536,900|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||72-69-77-72 (+2)||9.868||-2.536||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74||-1.927||-0.328||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||20||73-72-76-70 (+3)||6.276||-1.096||$131,400|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||39||72-70-68-70 (-4)||0.599||0.964||$45,000|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||8||68-68-66-69 (-13)||6.386||3.522||$248,050|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||30||72-67-73-68 (-8)||5.556||-2.382||$53,760|
|January 13-17||Sony Open in Hawaii||1||66-65-63-63 (-23)||7.41||7.273||$1,350,000|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||13||69-65-68-69 (-21)||3.965||-2.096||$155,000|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from