In this article you’ll find stats and insights about Matsuyama from before the tournament to help you place in-progress bets for this event.
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of May 22, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get a $50 free bet plus a deposit match up to $1,000! New bettors only
Hideki Matsuyama odds for the PGA Championship
Matsuyama’s recent form
- Matsuyama will seek to make the cut for the fourth straight event.
- Over his last five appearances, Matsuyama has finished in the top five once.
- He’s made the cut in four of his last five appearances.
- Matsuyama has finished with a score lower than the tournament average in three of his last five events, including two finishes within three strokes of the leader.
- He has finished with an average score of -4 in his three times finishing a tournament.
PGA Championship details
- Date: May 19-22, 2022
- Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Course: Southern Hills Country Club
- Par: 70 / 7,131 yards
Course history: Matsuyama at the PGA Championship
- Over Matsuyama’s last six trips to this tournament, he’s finished among the top five once. His average finish at the event is 27th.
- Matsuyama made the cut in each of his last six attempts at this event.
- Matsuyama finished 60th on the leaderboard in his most recent trip to this event in 2022.
- He posted a score that was better than the field average in three rounds his last time here.
Course comparison – Southern Hills Country Club
- Southern Hills Country Club measures 7,131 yards for this tournament, 154 yards shorter than the average course on the PGA Tour over the past year (7,285).
- The courses Matsuyama has played over the past year have an average distance of 7,316 yards, while Southern Hills Country Club will play at 7,131 yards this week.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Hideki Matsuyama 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||60||72-72-72 (+9)||–||–||$0|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||3||67-66-69-62 (-24)||18.224||-5.404||$536,900|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||72-69-77-72 (+2)||9.868||-2.536||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74||-1.927||-0.328||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MDF||N/A||–||–||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||20||73-72-76-70 (+3)||6.276||-1.096||$131,400|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||39||72-70-68-70 (-4)||0.599||0.964||$45,000|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||8||68-68-66-69 (-13)||6.386||3.522||$248,050|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||30||72-67-73-68 (-8)||5.556||-2.382||$53,760|
|January 13-17||Sony Open in Hawaii||1||66-65-63-63 (-23)||7.410||7.273||$1,350,000|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||13||69-65-68-69 (-21)||3.965||-2.096||$155,000|
Below you’ll find a round-by-round breakdown of Matsuyama’s third-place effort in his most recent tournament, the AT&T Byron Nelson at TPC Craig Ranch on May 12-15.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from