The Miami Heat (4-7) are favored () to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (3-9) at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, January 18, 2021 at American Airlines Arena. The game airs on SUN.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Pistons Betting Odds
Heat vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 18
Maurice Harkless: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Knee),
Tyler Herro: Day To Day (Neck),
Udonis Haslem: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jimmy Butler: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Meyers Leonard: Out (Shoulder),
Avery Bradley: Out (Health protocols)
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Ankle),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Heat and Pistons Records ATS
- Miami has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, playing to a record of 4-7 against the spread.
- The Heat are an even 1-1 against the spread this season when they are at least a 6-point favorite.
- Miami and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 54.5% of its games this season (6/11).
- Detroit has topped the spread so far this season with a record of 7-5.
- Detroit has hit the over in 50% of their games (6-5).
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Pistons knocked off the Heat 120-100. Bam Adebayo led the Heat with 28 points, and Jerami Grant paced the Pistons with 24. The Pistons covered the spread as 5.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 220 total points to hit the over on the 218-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Heat||Heat||-5.5||218||-220||180||Regular Season||120-100 DET|
|11/12/2019||Heat||Heat||-9||214.5||-400||308||Regular Season||117-108 MIA*|
|3/13/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-74 MIA|
|2/23/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-96 DET|
|1/18/2019||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-93 DET|
|11/5/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-115 MIA|
|3/3/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-96 MIA|
|2/3/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-107 DET|
|1/3/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 MIA|
|11/12/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 DET|
- 11/12/2019 DNP – Heat: Tyler Herro; Pistons: Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- The Heat are the NBA’s 19th-highest scoring team (110 PPG), while the Pistons allow their opponents the 23rd-fewest points per game (113.7) in the league.
- The Heat have a -49-point scoring differential on the season (-4.5 per game). The Pistons have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-55 total points, -4.6 per game).
- The Heat points and rebounds leader is Adebayo. He scores 18.6 points per game and pulls down 8.8 rebounds.
- Adebayo’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 15.5, 3.1 points lower than his season average of 18.6.
- Goran Dragic paces the team with 5.6 assists per game.
- Dragic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 1.2 higher than his season average of 22.3.
- The Heat are led by Duncan Robinson from beyond the arc. He connects on 3.6 shots from deep per game.
- Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 3.6.
- Jimmy Butler leads the team with 2.2 steals per game. Adebayo collects 1.2 blocks a game to pace Miami.
- Butler’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals less than his season average of 2.2.
- The Pistons leader in scoring is Grant with 24.8 points per game. He also adds 6.3 rebounds per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 12.7 lower than his season average of 33.2.
- When it comes to Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mason Plumlee with 8.8 rebounds per game and Derrick Rose with 5.2 assists per game.
- Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 13.5, 6.7 less than his season average of 20.2.
- Grant leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Plumlee is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Plumlee’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from