The New Orleans Pelicans (1-0) are 4.5-point underdogs on Christmas Day when they visit the Miami Heat (0-1), tipping at 12:00 PM at American Airlines Arena ET on ESPN. The over/under for the matchup is 227.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 24, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Heat vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 24
Heat: Gabe Vincent: Out (Right knee)
Pelicans: Will Magnay: Out (Not With Team), Wenyen Gabriel: Out (Right knee)
Heat and Pelicans Records ATS
- Miami went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 51-39-3.
- The Heat were 22-12-1 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 4.5-point favorite.
- In 55.9% of its games last season (52/93), Miami and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Last season, New Orleans maintained an even 34-34-4 record ATS.
- When playing as at least a 4.5-point underdog last season, the Pelicans often met expectations with a 9-2-1 record against the spread.
- New Orleans and its opponents regularly covered the total points bet last season, doing so in 52.8% (38) of its 72 games played.
Head to Head
The Pelicans got a team-high 20 points out of Jrue Holiday on the way to a 110-104 victory over Jimmy Butler (28 points) and the Heat in their last matchup on Friday. The Pelicans were 1.5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 214 total points to finish under the 231.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-1.5||231.5||-120||101||Regular Season||110-104 NO*|
|11/16/2019||Heat||Heat||-8||225.5||-365||289||Regular Season||109-94 MIA*|
|12/16/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-96 MIA|
|11/30/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-101 MIA|
|2/23/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 NO|
|12/23/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-94 NO|
|3/15/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-112 MIA|
|12/23/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-87 NO|
|3/22/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-99 MIA|
|12/25/2015||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-88 MIA|
- 3/6/2020 DNP – Heat: Tyler Herro; Pelicans: JJ Redick
- 11/16/2019 DNP – Heat: Goran Dragic; Pelicans: Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, JJ Redick, Lonzo Ball
- In Miami’s matchups last season, the Heat and their opponents went over Friday’s over/under of 227.5 points 37 times (39.4% of opportunities).
- In 41 out of New Orleans’ 72 games last year (56.9%), the competing teams scored more points than the total in Friday’s matchup.
- The Heat saw a 220.4 average over/under in their games last season, 7.1 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 5.5 points separates the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (233 points) and this matchup’s over/under (227.5 points).
- The Heat had an average implied point total of 112 last season, which is four points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (116).
- Last season, Miami outscored its implied point total for this matchup (116) 34 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Pelicans (118.6) is 6.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- New Orleans totaled more than 112 points in 46 games last season.
- Last season, the Heat were the league’s 15th-highest scoring team (111.6 PPG), while the Pelicans allowed the 27th-fewest points per game (117.1) in NBA play.
- The Heat totaled 257 more points than their opponents last season (2.7 per game on average), while the Pelicans were out-scored by 93 total points (1.3 per game average differential).
- Butler scored 19.9 points per game and averaged 6.0 assists per game last season.
- Bam Adebayo grabbed 10.2 rebounds per game.
- Butler grabbed 1.8 per game. Adebayo averaged 1.3 blocks a game.
- Brandon Ingram racked up 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams collected 9.2 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball dished out 7.0 assists per matchup.
- Ball grabbed 1.4 per game. Adams averaged 1.1 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from